• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state vacation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

i have physical custody of our child, and was wondering if i could take a week long vacation to arizona without the father's consent. we were never married, and he has never paid a cent of child support. we have just barely started out court precedings. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

i have physical custody of our child, and was wondering if i could take a week long vacation to arizona without the father's consent. we were never married, and he has never paid a cent of child support. we have just barely started out court precedings. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
(just fyi - he's under no obligation to pay cs without a court order)

Yes you can go on vacation with your child, unless there is already an order preventing you from leaving the state without permission. At the moment you appear to be sole legal custodian.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Dogmatique, I dont think you missed anything and you were right the first time.

I dont now who is the idiot "the answer is no" because the "answer is YES.

(Unless the lady is talking about a 6 month vacation.)

Oh, she said 1 week.

There is absolutely no problem with that. Dad might not even notice shes gone.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Rule 5.110.0 family code section 233
Rule 5.110. Summons; restraining order

(a) Issuing the summons; form

Except for support proceedings initiated by a local child support agency, the procedure for issuance of summons in the proceeding is that applicable to civil actions generally. The clerk must not return the original summons, but must maintain it in the file.

(Subd (a) amended effective January 1, 2003; previously amended effective January 1, 1999, and January 1, 2001.)

(b) Standard family law restraining order; handling by clerk

Notwithstanding Family Code section 233, a summons (form FL-110 or FL-210) with the standard family law restraining orders must be issued and filed in the same manner as a summons in a civil action and must be served and enforced in the manner prescribed for any other restraining order. If service is by publication, the publication need not include the restraining orders.

(Subd (b) amended effective January 1, 2007; adopted as subd (c) effective July 1, 1990; previously amended effective January 1, 1994, and January 1, 1999; previously amended and relettered effective January 1, 2003.)

(c) Individual restraining order

On application of a party and as provided in the Family Code, a court may issue any individual restraining order that appears to be reasonable or necessary, including those restraining orders included in the standard family law restraining orders. Individual orders supersede the standard family law restraining orders on the Family Law and Uniform Parentage Act summons.

(Subd (c) amended and relettered effective January 1, 2003; adopted as subd (d) effective July 1, 1990; previously amended effective January 1, 1994, and January 1, 1999.)

Rule 5.110 amended effective January 1, 2007; adopted as rule 1216 effective January 1, 1970; previously amended effective July 1, 1990, January 1, 1994, January 1, 1999, and January 1, 2001; previously amended and renumbered effective January 1, 2003.
It must be Friday. I'm just not seeing how this is relevant....

cyjeff

Section 233...

233. (a) Upon filing the petition and issuance of the summons and
upon personal service of the petition and summons on the respondent
or upon waiver and acceptance of service by the respondent, the
temporary restraining order under this part shall be in effect
against the parties until the final judgment is entered or the
petition is dismissed, or until further order of the court.
(b) The temporary restraining order is enforceable in any place in
this state, but is not enforceable by a law enforcement agency of a
political subdivision unless that law enforcement agency has received
mailed notice of the order or has otherwise received a copy of the
order or the officer enforcing the order has been shown a copy of the
order.
(c) A willful and knowing violation of the order included in the
summons by removing a child from the state without the written
consent of the other party or an order of the court is punishable as
provided in Section 278.5 of the Penal Code. A willful and knowing
violation of any of the other orders included in the summons is
punishable as provided in Section 273.6 of the Penal Code.
I see no mention of a restraining order.

cyjeff

By the way, we don't even know if the boyfriend has been legally established as the father.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Antigone*

I hiked my butt out of bed and to my computer just to research this, and just like you doggie. I'm not following this guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">