• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overnight Guests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

astepp

I Live in LOUISIANA

I resently got dom. custody of my 14 year old son. ( I have had him since the divorce ,10 years ago, just not on paper )

The reason that I took my ex to court is because of his 18 year old girlfriend. I don't believe that it is good for my 14 year old son and his 18 year old girlfriend to be ALONE with each other, you know the ovious reason, but my main reason is that when my son and the girlfriend argue, two different stories get back to "DAD". The judge agreed with me and it is in the papers that the two of them are not to be left alone. The judge also said that the girlfriend could not spend the night when my son was visiting.
My X says that he does not have to listen to the judge, and is still leaving the two teenagers alone and the girlfriend is still spending the night.
Do I go to my attorney or go to the police station to file charges against him for not following the judges orders?

astepp

Is my 14 year olds word enough?

My ex is not going to deny that she is staying there, he just does not think that I am going to follow through on my threats. He says that she lives there and is not staying over night and he is dumb enough to tell this to the judge.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
LOL You REALLY think your 14yo is going to admit that Dad lets his 18yo g/f stay overnight? Are you delusional? That's even if the judge allows him to testify (and personally, involving your kid in a court fight with your ex is borderline abusive). And you're doubly delusional if you think your ex will actually admit to it all.

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
LOL You REALLY think your 14yo is going to admit that Dad lets his 18yo g/f stay overnight? Are you delusional? That's even if the judge allows him to testify (and personally, involving your kid in a court fight with your ex is borderline abusive). And you're doubly delusional if you think your ex will actually admit to it all.
Stealth, the 18 year old isn't the 14 year old's girlfriend, she's DAD'S girlfriend.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I still think she's delusional if she thinks that her ex is going to admit to it in court. As to the 14yo? All depends - he may not say a word, either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">