• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overnight guests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gladitsover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OklahomaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

gladitsover

My divorce and custody were decided in Oklahoma, so I was wondering what the law there says about overnight guests. There is nothing stated about it in our decree.

Also, my boyfriend, who lives in Arkansas, deals with the same issue. Apparently, I cannot even be in the same building overnight if his boys are present. Recently, we all went to his mother's house for the day and ended up staying overnight because of bad weather. His ex-wife grilled the kids and became irate that he had had an "overnight guest". Can she take away his visitation for that? Also, how is it that she can get away with having another woman in her bed every night, even when she has the boys? We hear about "gay rights", but what has happened to "straight rights"?

LdiJ

My divorce and custody were decided in Oklahoma, so I was wondering what the law there says about overnight guests. There is nothing stated about it in our decree.

Also, my boyfriend, who lives in Arkansas, deals with the same issue. Apparently, I cannot even be in the same building overnight if his boys are present. Recently, we all went to his mother's house for the day and ended up staying overnight because of bad weather. His ex-wife grilled the kids and became irate that he had had an "overnight guest". Can she take away his visitation for that? Also, how is it that she can get away with having another woman in her bed every night, even when she has the boys? We hear about "gay rights", but what has happened to "straight rights"?
Mom would have a difficult time enforcing such a clause if she herself is breaking the clause. She certainly cannot unilaterally take away his visitation over it, and I doubt, in the circumstances, that your boyfriend would even get "dinged" by the court.

If YOUR court orders are silent on the subject, then its not a factor for you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dad should take the mother back for contempt on having a woman in her bed every night -- IF he can prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">