• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overnight guests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lstrough

louisiana,custody papers specify that mom not allowed male overnight guests while child present, if happening, can we withhold visitation

tigger22472

Sorry if I sound harsh however this issue has been brought up before and I know there are different of opinions here but I find it to be the silliest thing EVER in a decree. Let's as this.... was the mother seeing someone before the divorce was final? This is one of those things where it seems that someone was trying to get even with someone else. I definatly don't promote having many different people in and out of a child's life but the stipulations on this is so vauge that it's hard to even have a relationship and start over. Put the shoe on your foot. If you have a relationship with another woman and choose to have her stay overnight is that wrong? You're a grown adult and should be able to do as you please. Does this man harm your child/children?? Does his presence in any way hurt the child?

tigger22472

and to answer your question you can take her to court for contempt but unless you can prove the child is being harmed you can not withold visitation

L

lstrough

we were never married. the stipulation was put into the papers the second time we went to court because she had him around two physically and abusive relationships, the second in which he was hurt. this relationship is new, but fighting is starting. it does not say she cannot have people stay the night, just not while he is there while he visits, i have domicillary custody and he lives with me. this was put in to protect him not to set moral judgement on her or get back at her., and she agreed to the stipulation.

tigger22472

Was the agreement on ANY over night guests while son present or specific people?? In the end again inless you can prove that this is harmful to your child you can not withhold visitation. You can simply take her to court for contempt.

S

sistergal101779

i don't know the law in la, but here in arkansas, in the papers we have with our grandson's mother, she is not to have over night guests, we know she has a boy living with her. she has moved to la. only way we could prove it, is if we come there and get the proof we would need to take her back to court. at this point, i don't feel the boy is doing any harm. in fact the boy is really good to our grandson. so you should see what the law is there, unless it is in the papers, if so, and you feel the child is in harms way...then i'd get proof and go to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">