• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overnight guests in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luv2cruise

What is the name of your state? Georgia

What is the Georgia law in reference to overnight stays by people of oppsite sex when you have a minor child present? I have heard as long as the guest is gone before the child awakes and the guest must be gone by 2:00 AM. And if this law is in effect does it cover being on a trip and sharing a hotel room as long as seperate beds are utilized. Another words my child will be in bed with me and my guest will have his own bed.

Please help, my ex will use whatever he can against me and we just want to take a vacation together.

Last edited:

luv2cruise

That was very helpful, thank you! But you didn't answer the question as to the GA law pertaining to overnight guests. Yes, that would solve the vacation problem except it is not economical.

Last edited:

green_ranger

I'm not aware of any law like that, and would be surprised to find one. I searched the code on the state's web site, but couldn't find any relevant matches. Where did you hear this? I myself have had overnight guests without worry. If it's not in your decree, I wouldn't worry about it. Of course, I'm not condoning a continous string of "guests" on a regular basis, and I'm not saying you're one to do that either.

luv2cruise

Thank you for that reply. I searched the code as well and did not find anything. The legal secretary at my attorney's office advised me of this law. She is the one that indicated the guest must be gone prior to the child waking up. I do not have a string or even a regular stay overnight when my son is in the home but my boyfriend and I would like to vacation together with my son and be economical about it.

green_ranger

luv2cruise said:
Thank you for that reply. I searched the code as well and did not find anything. The legal secretary at my attorney's office advised me of this law. She is the one that indicated the guest must be gone prior to the child waking up. I do not have a string or even a regular stay overnight when my son is in the home but my boyfriend and I would like to vacation together with my son and be economical about it.

Could be a "moral" law on her part. I'd challenge her to give up the code section it's in. If you find it, please post it...

Was she stating that is was a law or that it was in your decree? Is there anything in your custody decree that states you are not to have over night guests? When my husband and I were dating and went out of town we would either get a two room suite or we would get ajoining rooms for the children. It wasnt in my divorce decree just common sense when you have children.

luv2cruise

No it is not in the decree at all. We do not conduct ourselves in unbecoming manner whether my son is present or not. As we will be in seperate beds there is no moral issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">