• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overnight stays

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mija0327

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My husband and I are separated and have agreed to get divorced. We are living in different parts of the state and while I have let him see the kids as much as possible, he now wants to take the kids out of state with his girlfriend for a few days. Is he allowed to do that? Should I let him do that?

LdiJ

Why wouldn't you? He is the children's father. Would you allow YOU to take the children out of state for a few days?
Actually, this one is just a bit different because dad and mom are still married and dad wants to take the children out of state, with his girlfriend.

Depending on the circumstances, that really might not be in the best interest of the children.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Actually, this one is just a bit different because dad and mom are still married and dad wants to take the children out of state, with his girlfriend.

Depending on the circumstances, that really might not be in the best interest of the children.
And if there is not a restraining order prohibiting paramour involvement it doesn't matter.

Hey mom, do YOU have a boyfriend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">