• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overnight visitation for 1 year old with non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msjreid

CA
I am in a custody situation with my son's father regarding our 1 year spending the night for two nights straight every other weekend. I am not comfortable yet with these arrangements and want to know what is the standard for 1 year old staying away from their primary parent for such a long period of time.

Silverplum

CA
I am in a custody situation with my son's father regarding our 1 year spending the night for two nights straight every other weekend. I am not comfortable yet with these arrangements and want to know what is the standard for 1 year old staying away from their primary parent for such a long period of time.
The standard, I think, is the same the hospital and the law applied to you when you brought home your first kid. ;)

fairisfair

there is nothing unusual about a 1 year old spending the night with his/her parent. After all, he/she does spend the night with you, right??

casa

CA
It's common for infants much younger than that to have weekend visitations. Your son's Dad deserves to be a parent also- spending time together is good for both of them. Your baby will be fine~ Dad will do all the same things you learned how to do...and the same way...trial & error.

Just Blue

CA
This is absurd! You really need to get over yourself. Send a SHORT list of her little quarks and send the baby off with daddy. He will do fine, baby will do fine and you will get a little vacation. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">