• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime and Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbaldwin

What is the name of your state?TX
I'm trying to remember how the rules on this subject work. Can overtime be used when calculating CS or not? Thanks!

denverb

in minnesota there is. is says that if overtime was being worked 2 years prior to the divorce it can be included. otherwise it can't be. sorry i don't know specifically about texas though. for mn it is listed in the statutes that deal with child support - perhaps texas would have something in their statutes...

LdiJ

sbaldwin said:
What is the name of your state?TX
I'm trying to remember how the rules on this subject work. Can overtime be used when calculating CS or not? Thanks!
Generally, regular and consistant overtime is included, but sporatic and occasional overtime isn't. However it is very state and judge specific.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">