• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paper work questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MBailey22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I have been giving my ex child support through the registry for about six months after being served. The thing is, we never had a court order (he says it's because he filed for CCAP that I was served at all) and all though we had a notarized paper from 2012 saying he took care of her most of the time, a lot has changed. Both of our addresses and the time our daughter has with each of us.

I am tired of dealing with this outside the courts. We constantly disagree and cannot seem to manage being adults about schedules! After being harassed by him via phone last week, I had to simply tell him no more phone calls. Emails only.

He has rejected mediation for so long, I basically gave the ultimatum of do it or I'm going to court. He finally took the step but that was after yet another drawn out disagreement that left me knowing I had to file regardless of his "co-operation" because by the time the county he filed for with mediation gets things going, he will be living in a different county and all-together he consistently backs out once things are close to happening.

I would like to know, on the paperwork, am I to file as respondent? Also, he will not give me his SSN. It was like pulling teeth to get his new address... I need to know if I can file without his SSN?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I have been giving my ex child support through the registry for about six months after being served. The thing is, we never had a court order (he says it's because he filed for CCAP that I was served at all) and all though we had a notarized paper from 2012 saying he took care of her most of the time, a lot has changed. Both of our addresses and the time our daughter has with each of us.

I am tired of dealing with this outside the courts. We constantly disagree and cannot seem to manage being adults about schedules! After being harassed by him via phone last week, I had to simply tell him no more phone calls. Emails only.

He has rejected mediation for so long, I basically gave the ultimatum of do it or I'm going to court. He finally took the step but that was after yet another drawn out disagreement that left me knowing I had to file regardless of his "co-operation" because by the time the county he filed for with mediation gets things going, he will be living in a different county and all-together he consistently backs out once things are close to happening.

I would like to know, on the paperwork, am I to file as respondent? Also, he will not give me his SSN. It was like pulling teeth to get his new address... I need to know if I can file without his SSN?
Your post is a bit unclear: Dad did file in court? If so, he is the Petitioner and you are the Respondent. Whoever files first is the Petitioner, and remains thus throughout the "life" of the case.

Start here: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/SubCategory.cfm?Category=Divorce,

MBailey22

He denies going to court.

As far as I know, he has never filed with the courts. CCAP is "why I was served" but he says he never brought it to the courts himself. CCAP is the day care aide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">