• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paperwork I Need to Complete To File For A Default Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my bear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was wondering if anyone knows what paperwork is required to be completed and filed with the courts in California to obtain a default judgement in a child custody, support and visitation case. I served the other party with the paperwork 29 days ago and they have until Monday to file their response. I would like to have the paperwork for the default judgement ready to be filed on Tuesday in the event that the Respondent fails to answer the original complaint.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

casa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was wondering if anyone knows what paperwork is required to be completed and filed with the courts in California to obtain a default judgement in a child custody, support and visitation case. I served the other party with the paperwork 29 days ago and they have until Monday to file their response. I would like to have the paperwork for the default judgement ready to be filed on Tuesday in the event that the Respondent fails to answer the original complaint.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
You have it backwards. You don't file a default Judgment. IF your X fails to appear at your hearing, &/or fails to respond, then the Court enters a default judgement. ie; You'd wind up with exactly whatever you are asking for since the other parent did not contest, respond or appear.

CourtClerk

You have it backwards. You don't file a default Judgment.
You file a request to enter default.
If your X fails to appear at your hearing, &/or fails to respond, then the Court enters a default judgement. ie; You'd wind up with exactly whatever you are asking for since the other parent did not contest, respond or appear.
Only kinda sorta right. If the ex fails to respond to the papers, then the court will enter a default at the request of the petitioner.... which means that the OP must request that default is entered, by filing a request to enter default (find the form online).

Once default is entered, submit your judgment to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">