• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Alienation/Alienation of Affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? wi

Would like to know if anyone knows anything about parental alienation and how hard this is to prove in court?

Also, if anyone knows anything about alienation of affection against a stepmom?

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

O

oneandonly

well.....

not only is PAS not really recognized in the courts regarding natural parents (this seems to be changing in some states though)-for a stepparent--unheard of.
You can go to this site and read some info on there regarding this and feel free to join us in chat~
www.deltabravo.net

E

emtcarrie

I looked up all kinds of information regarding this matter. We are having the same problem...Mom has removed all photos of dad even from girls room, disconnected home phone to get cell ehich she controls, bad mouthed dad, and lied about me and my son. I'll have to look where I found all the info but I found all kinds of stuff regarding alienation of affection as well as Hostile Agressive Parenting...All of which fit the mom to a tee...None of it is recognized in US...If we lived in Canada, they recognize if as THE SEVEREST FORM OF CHILD ABUSE next to rape, etc...However, emotional abuse is hard to prove..We were SOL and she got physical custody. Life sucks where angry, vengeful women are involved..I'm just thankful I'm not like her!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
emtcarrie said:
Life sucks where angry, vengeful women are involved..
It's no better when it's angry, vengeful men involved.

Alienation of affection is generally the term used to describe the Other Woman/Other Man in an adultery situation. When you're talking about kids being alienated from a parent, it's known as Parental Alienation Syndrome. Which is difficult to prove, and many courts won't touch due to it being the latest buzzword.

M

MoodyNW

Hello,
I would like to ask you about the information that you said that you had found concerning this issue regarding alienation of affection.
It seems that I'm in a very similar situation.
My husband is going to court on December 17th regarding a restraining order that was placed against him by his ex basically because of me (step mother). We've been frantically searching for some kind of information to describe what is going on regarding this situation, but have been unable to locate anything. We would really appreciate if we could utilize your experience in this.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!:)

[email protected]

carofl93

We proved PAS with our telephone and letter logs. Mom denied hubby contact with their daughter for over a year, and we kept track of every time we called and saved every letter that was returned. It took a little over a year to do it, but we now have primary physical custody of my stepdaughter.

Wish you the best of luck.
Carol

Whyte Noise

Only a handful of states even recognize "Alienation of Affection" and have laws on the books for it. Those that do, the language provides for alienation of one spouse to another by a 3rd party.

That's one reason why PAS isn't recognized by many courts. No "Alienation of Affection" law. There's no law, there's no sanction for breaking it. Many courts have turned down the PAS accusations based on the fact that their state doesn't have an Alienation of Affection law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">