• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Kidnapping in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J2007

What is the name of your state? PA

In the process of getting a support order filed. The kids have lived with me for the past 3 years, with dad having visitation - recently, not as much - his choice.

IF he were to keep my children before the filling is complete, can I get him for parental kidnapping since it is obvious that the kids live with me primarily? We do have a written agreement, not filed...

Thanks a bunch!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? PA

In the process of getting a support order filed. The kids have lived with me for the past 3 years, with dad having visitation - recently, not as much - his choice.

IF he were to keep my children before the filling is complete, can I get him for parental kidnapping since it is obvious that the kids live with me primarily? We do have a written agreement, not filed...

Thanks a bunch!
Are you saying that there are no custody/visitation orders? Are/were you married to dad?

J2007

Nothing filed with the court, we had a separation agreement in Virginia, then moved to PA. Dad and I are divorced.

J2007

Yes, it did. Then when we filed for divorce (in PA) we were told that it was a separate issue - and it has never been filed with the courts.. BUT, it is a signed agreement - signed by both of us. The children have lived with me for the past 3 years, with him having visitation, if he felt like taking them. I am going out of town on a business trip this weekend, and he will be keeping them until Thursday of next week. I just don't want to have the issue of him not bringing them back to me - maybe paranoid.. but more worried. I have an appt with my attny on July 2nd to take care of it, but I wanted to know IF he keeps my kids, can I take our signed agreement to a judge and ask for an emergency custody hearing??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, it did. Then when we filed for divorce (in PA) we were told that it was a separate issue - and it has never been filed with the courts.. BUT, it is a signed agreement - signed by both of us. The children have lived with me for the past 3 years, with him having visitation, if he felt like taking them. I am going out of town on a business trip this weekend, and he will be keeping them until Thursday of next week. I just don't want to have the issue of him not bringing them back to me - maybe paranoid.. but more worried. I have an appt with my attny on July 2nd to take care of it, but I wanted to know IF he keeps my kids, can I take our signed agreement to a judge and ask for an emergency custody hearing??
YOu could ask but don't think it will work because dad stands equal with you before the court and I believe this was answered for you on your other thread.

J2007

Yes, you are right, it was answered before.. I was just wondering if it would make a difference in an 'emergency' situation.. Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">