• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdavarn

My sons father has absolutely nothing to do with him and i would like to know how i go about getting his parental rights terminated. my fiance raises him as his own son. I am not sure where his father is exactly i know that he lives in south carolina near charleston but thats all i know. PLEASE HELP ME. its not fair to my son to not have the dad legally that he deserves. my fiance would like to adopt him. so PLEASE HELP!!! :confused:

mommyof4

Not until you give us more important information. Most importantly: WHAT STATE? There is a reason that question is asked when you post a question. It's not there just for you to delete it.

Such as...is he the legal father? Does he pay child support? How old is the child? How long since Dad had any contact with the child?

On another note, YOU don't get to TPR. Only a judge can do that. Your boyfriend is not going to be able to adopt the child until you are married and the judge is satisfied that the relationship (both with you AND the relationship between your bf and your son) is stable.

I strongly urge you to read the other threads on this topic. I guarantee that most, if not all, of your questions have been asked and answered.

My sons father has absolutely nothing to do with him and i would like to know how i go about getting his parental rights terminated. my fiance raises him as his own son. I am not sure where his father is exactly i know that he lives in south carolina near charleston but thats all i know. PLEASE HELP ME. its not fair to my son to not have the dad legally that he deserves. my fiance would like to adopt him. so PLEASE HELP!!! :confused:
Are their current court orders for child support/visitation? HOw long has the father not had contact, including payment of child support? By the way, termination is not an easy road and it will be best to wait until after you and your fiancee are married.

milspecgirl

there is a search function above the postings- use it.
all of your questions have been answered sooooo many times before. your situation is not unique

gam

There is also google searches, not hard at all to find info on Michigan for this. Besides running a search for Mi, you can run one for your county, as many county's in Mi have sites, have FOC guidelines posted and this is covered in my FOC guideline.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Michigan expects there to be a dad there to adopt, unless they are stripping parental rights due to abuse or adoption. Y'all need to be married to do a step-parent adoption.

mommyof4

What is the name of your state? Michigan
per her other post.
Ah, thanks. :)

I hate having to search past posting history to get basic information.

Well, never mind. It wasn't even another thread with a question. It was just another thread to state that she was in MI.

Sigh....I think I need to go back to bed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">