• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental rights termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kelly_mark

What is the name of your state?California

If a parent terminates their parental rights are they still obligated to pay child support???

i don't think that one parent can just sign over their parental rights, the other parent has to be informed and sign the apporpriate papers to have it complete.

why would this parent want to do such a thing, to get out of paying child support??

K

kelly_mark

there have numerous false allegations of abuse and neglect filed. ALL found unsubstanciated. It just seems that everytime something really good happens in our life they file a false allegation. what should we do??

BelizeBreeze

kelly_mark said:
there have numerous false allegations of abuse and neglect filed. ALL found unsubstanciated. It just seems that everytime something really good happens in our life they file a false allegation. what should we do??
Buy a pit bull
Make the acquaintence of a guy named "Bubba".
Become proficient with 'louisiville Slugger'
or, IGNORE THEM!

VeronicaGia

kelly_mark said:
What is the name of your state?California

If a parent terminates their parental rights are they still obligated to pay child support???
You cannot just terminate someone's parental rights. If you feel you are being harassed, deal with the proper authorities.

so the ex is claiming abuse on the child and that's why it's easier to sign over parental rights?? i'm sure that it's frustrating dealing w/ these allegations, but as long as you know the truth and the courts obviously don't believe that there is abuse.

stick it out for the child, don't let the ex win!!!

K

kelly_mark

how long do we have to deal with this bull?
When my boys are pulled out of school to be "interviewed"
they are embarrassed and ridiculed. when the social workers are
continuously calling at work people start to wonder.
why can't we have our lives back to normal. should we just pay the required support and just have it put in the court records that we do not want to see the children. THAT WAY THERE CAN BE ANY FALSE ALLEGATIONS BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO CONTACT.

LdiJ

kelly_mark said:
how long do we have to deal with this bull?
When my boys are pulled out of school to be "interviewed"
they are embarrassed and ridiculed. when the social workers are
continuously calling at work people start to wonder.
why can't we have our lives back to normal. should we just pay the required support and just have it put in the court records that we do not want to see the children. THAT WAY THERE CAN BE ANY FALSE ALLEGATIONS BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO CONTACT.
Some parents, in some really extreme cases, have resorted to that. Its certainly not something that I would recommend, but some people have felt that they had no choice. Particularly if they had other children who were beening put at risk by all of the false accusations.

K

kelly_mark

I will support my husband in any decision he makes.
He is worried more than ever since my boys (soon to be legally adopted by him) are starting to be dragged in to the middle of this.
All of this has actually put a halt to our adoption proceedings.
We are wondering what would be the best thing to do.
Maybe we should just terminate visitation??????

LdiJ

kelly_mark said:
I will support my husband in any decision he makes.
He is worried more than ever since my boys (soon to be legally adopted by him) are starting to be dragged in to the middle of this.
All of this has actually put a halt to our adoption proceedings.
We are wondering what would be the best thing to do.
Maybe we should just terminate visitation??????
As sad as it would be, if your children are also being put at risk, then it might be the wiser thing to do...at least for the time being.

K

kelly_mark

we have discussed this and we decided for now we will terminate visitation only and see what happens in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">