• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental vs guardianship rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imjlove2005

What is the name of your state? california My son went to live with my sister 2 years ago while I tried to deal with some personal problems. She petitioned the courts for guardianship and it was granted. I never went to court or signed anything.. my child was never taken from me etc.. I asked her to have him in her home because I couldnt provide a safe environment. I now am stable and healthy and want more frequent visits with my son which my sister is making extremely difficult. I live with another family member for the time being, Im looking for work and a home for my son and I. Meanwhile I want to see my son. What are my rights? What are hers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">