• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grammiebeth

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My son and his wife are not getting along. She has moved out of the house with my 2 grandsons. She and my son are on good terms. They don't have the money for a Lawyer. But, they both agree on having the boys 50/50.
Is there a paper that can be filled out and signed by them? Or could we type something up on the computer and get it notirized?
Would it be legal? :confused:

gammiebeth

NotSoNew

they can both go down to the court house together (early) and tell them they want custody papers drawn up and that they agree to the terms, they will write them down and have them both sign it there and then present it to a judge.

LdiJ

grammiebeth said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My son and his wife are not getting along. She has moved out of the house with my 2 grandsons. She and my son are on good terms. They don't have the money for a Lawyer. But, they both agree on having the boys 50/50.
Is there a paper that can be filled out and signed by them? Or could we type something up on the computer and get it notirized?
Would it be legal? :confused:

gammiebeth
No, a notarized agreement would not be legal....or at least would not be enforceable.

If they can't afford an attorney they can do it themselves....they can either do as the other poster suggested...or you can look for downloadable forms on the net for PA...fill them out and file them with the court.

grammiebeth

dynomight77 said:
they can both go down to the court house together (early) and tell them they want custody papers drawn up and that they agree to the terms, they will write them down and have them both sign it there and then present it to a judge.
Thank You so very much for the info :)

grammiebeth

LdiJ said:
No, a notarized agreement would not be legal....or at least would not be enforceable.

If they can't afford an attorney they can do it themselves....they can either do as the other poster suggested...or you can look for downloadable forms on the net for PA...fill them out and file them with the court.
:) Thank You, You have made this Grammie very happy

T

titansfan

divorce is never easy

im really sorry they are going thru this, hopefully they will be able to get along for their sake of their sons, please give them my regards, and hug those precious grandsons for me!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
titansfan said:
im really sorry they are going thru this, hopefully they will be able to get along for their sake of their sons, please give them my regards, and hug those precious grandsons for me!
Wow - here's one for the books! You didn't tell her that she had no rights and to quit meddling in Mom & Dad's business!

tigger22472

stealth2 said:
Wow - here's one for the books! You didn't tell her that she had no rights and to quit meddling in Mom & Dad's business!

Not only that, but that's the second post in two days that she's talked like that... I think maybe that's her new slogan ... talking about giving the kids hugs and kisses...lol

B

betterthanher

titansfan said:
Holy crap...are you on meds now or something?

Zephyr

titansfan said:

did freeadvice.com become a support group over the weekend? what did I miss?

Shay-Pari'e

Maybe one of the walking dead reletives hijacked the computer. Now if they would just gag her and lock her in the basement. :D

nagol818

Cost

dynomight77 said:
I don't know what county you're in or even if it makes a difference but in Dauphin County(Harrisburg) filing this agreement will cost them $221 total

grammiebeth

stealth2 said:
Wow - here's one for the books! You didn't tell her that she had no rights and to quit meddling in Mom & Dad's business![/QU

I was not meddling, They BOTH asked me to check into it! I'm sorry you are not loved :(

B

betterthanher

grammiebeth said:
I was not meddling, They BOTH asked me to check into it! I'm sorry you are not loved :(
That comment was NOT directed at you. If you'll notice, the poster the comments were for were quoted within their response.

T

titansfan

divorce is difficult

i know how hard divorce is on everyone-the parents and the kids. my parents divorced many years ago, cuz my dad wouldnt stop drinking and playing cards.i know a lot of people who have gone thru a divorce, and its not easy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">