• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting time refusal/harassment by custodial parent towards non-custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

endofbrandy2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

I have been living with my husband for 3 years, married for 1 1/2 years. My husband has 2 sons, whom he has joint legal and physical custody of. The childrens mother, as I'll refer to as Ms.B, understatingly disregards all parenting time provisions, guidelines, schedules, etc. Ms.B constantly makes plans during our parenting time (extracurricular activities, parties, playdates, etc.) and insists that if my husband is at work they are to come home because she will not, nor will she let her children, accept me as a legal (or otherwise) caretaker/guardian. She harrasses me in that she will use anyone/anything/any means available to her in an unrelenting fruitless "mission" to find something, some way that will provide her with a documentable outcome/result that would finally be accepted by the Judge as one to prove me inept /unfit to the degree of which he would permanantley disallow my presence during the 2 boys parenting time with thier father. She has had CPS investigate me for (now proven false, CPS case was dismissed) allegations of "Drug Use" in my home, by myself; as well as the allegation that I allow my 13-year old daughter to date, sleep in her bed with, have sex with and cohabitate permanently in our home with men over the age of 18. Ms. B even went as far as to approach my husband the day CPS came to our home and proceeded to instigate a heated debate stating that her sons were pulled from class earlier that day, without her knowledge/consent, by CPS and questioned about thier dad and his wife to such a degree that the boys are traumatized so badly by the "unforseen" event that they are emotionally unable to visit thier dad in his home, and due to them being "terrified" to be without thier mom (Ms. B), my husband will have had to come to thier house (obviously alone) from now on during his scheduled "Parenting Time." She told Jon that as a father, he NEEDED to come "comfort" them in thier "safe-zone" by himself because they need to see that he loves them more than his "new family" and that it is imperative to thier mental-state that he spend father-son time with them immediately. So after all this, all the crazy things myself, my husband and my children had to do, put up with and feel during the short investigation....we recieve confirmation that she was the caller who had prompted the investigation (and her sons "emotional disturbance). I know this is getting too long but this truly has been non stop for 3 years and there are so many insane things, like sacrificing her childrens innocence and happiness if it seems to her to be likely to have great value to her and her "plans."

WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS THIER STEPMOTHER? WHAT DO I DO?

THINGS WE HAVE TRIED:

*Meeting neutrally w/o kids and ATTEMPTING to come to an agreement; *We've presented her with legal, factual and/or official documents,verbal disclosure/advice, and even referrals to experts willing to inform or help her; *We've made a police report of assault; *We've, to no avail, called Police in attempt to enforce her to release the kids to us; *We've called police in to remove, deter, warn and neutralize her/a situation w her; We've filed comlplaints and motions (which she ALWAYS responds to by filing her own) with Friend of the Court resulting both in dead ends and court dates,hearings,amendments, credits,etc.; though, none have addressed nor alleviated anything close to resoluting steps to enforce, prove, execute without incident, promote appropriate, non-slanderous behavior reflecting acceptance that the children are the sole concern and reason for continued communication/involvment.

Proserpina

I STRONGLY suggest you read the "sticky" post at the top of this forum.

And then prepare yourself for some cold hard truths that you're not going to like.

I also strongly advise you to be calm and rational when you read the responses.

And it's Mom.

It's not MrsB, MrsC or anything else.

It is MOM.

gr8rn

None. You are a legal stranger in this and every situation that has to do with MOM and HER CHILDREN....what do you do? You support your husband in the background, you do not antagonize Mom or do any of the things below that you have said you have done to her:

THINGS WE HAVE TRIED:

*Meeting neutrally w/o kids and ATTEMPTING to come to an agreement; *We've presented her with legal, factual and/or official documents,verbal disclosure/advice, and even referrals to experts willing to inform or help her; *We've made a police report of assault; *We've, to no avail, called Police in attempt to enforce her to release the kids to us; *We've called police in to remove, deter, warn and neutralize her/a situation w her; We've filed comlplaints and motions (which she ALWAYS responds to by filing her own) with Friend of the Court resulting both in dead ends and court dates,hearings,amendments, credits,etc.; though, none have addressed nor alleviated anything close to resoluting steps to enforce, prove, execute without incident, promote appropriate, non-slanderous behavior reflecting acceptance that the children are the sole concern and reason for continued communication/involvment.
Things "we" have tried? How about things we have done to Mom to pi$$ her off and make her feel her back is up against the wall and having to pull out her momma bear claws.

Seriously lady, you have issues. Mom may be crazy but you, my dear are making her so. push yourself back away from the table and take a position in the background by the exit door. Sheesh...

LdiJ

None. You are a legal stranger in this and every situation that has to do with MOM and HER CHILDREN....what do you do? You support your husband in the background, you do not antagonize Mom or do any of the things below that you have said you have done to her:

Things "we" have tried? How about things we have done to Mom to pi$$ her off and make her feel her back is up against the wall and having to pull out her momma bear claws.

Seriously lady, you have issues. Mom may be crazy but you, my dear are making her so. push yourself back away from the table and take a position in the background by the exit door. Sheesh...
I agree that its your involvement that is the exaggerating the problem. "We" should not have had meetings with mom and "we" should not have presented her with anything.

In addition, she is right. Their children do need one on one time with their father.

Her behavior is bad, but had you stepped back from day one, its unlikely that things would be as bad as they are now.

If dad is being denied his court ordered parenting time, then he needs to file for contempt. However, you absolutely need to step back and recognize that the children have two parents, and you are not one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">