• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting Time Weekend vs Holiday Weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lzurinsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Quick question....when I have a holiday weekend that is not on my regular weekend do we just pick up EOW right after that? So say I have july 4th next year which is not my weekend that would normally be my X's weekend if it wasn't for the holiday. Does she then get that next weekend or does it default back to me?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Quick question....when I have a holiday weekend that is not on my regular weekend do we just pick up EOW right after that? So say I have july 4th next year which is not my weekend that would normally be my X's weekend if it wasn't for the holiday. Does she then get that next weekend or does it default back to me?
Holidays trump regular visitation and unless your orders specify otherwise, or unless the FOC guidelines specify otherwise, the schedule does not change. The parent who misses a weekend, simply misses the weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">