• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents having child 6 months at a time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gary weese

I live in oregon. I'm wondering if i can get custody of my child 6 months out of the year and the mother the other 6 months. She is not living the greatest lifestyle to put it nicely. Something that can have lasting affects on my daughter. I'm wondering if this is possible and how would i go about starting to do it??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you don't think Mom's fit, why would you think that it's good for the kid to be with her 6 months at a stretch?

LdiJ

gary weese said:
I live in oregon. I'm wondering if i can get custody of my child 6 months out of the year and the mother the other 6 months. She is not living the greatest lifestyle to put it nicely. Something that can have lasting affects on my daughter. I'm wondering if this is possible and how would i go about starting to do it??
I am assuming that you don't live in the same community? The odds of a judge ordering something like that are quite slim...it would wreak havoc with the child's education....as well as the child's social life. It definitely wouldn't be in the child's best interest. If you truly believe that mom is unfit (from a legal standpoint) then you should be trying to get primary custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">