• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents rights vs. grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luvmykids2

im from missouri, my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 yrs. i have a son by someone else, but his father is not in his life, so my boyfriend has raised him since he was a little over a year old.. his mother had accepted him, but his stepdad didnt, in aug. 1999 we had a daughter together and they were a loud to see her even though we have had problems with them we didnt want to interfer with the relationship of them and there grandchild, even though they wanted nomore to do with my son, except a couple of times they took him only because we said its not right to treat him that way, in oct.1999 we had an arguement and his mom told us that if we ever spanked or whipped our child she would run with her,well things got heated up and she tried to hit me infront of myson, her to other daughters and my boyfriend one thing led to another and she said we would regret that we told her that she wouldnt get to leave our house with our daughter anymore, that she could see her there... well we never heard anymore from her till we got served with 3rd party custody papers....... what are her rights

LegalBeagle

luvmykids2 said:
im from missouri, my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 yrs. i have a son by someone else, but his father is not in his life, so my boyfriend has raised him since he was a little over a year old.. his mother had accepted him, but his stepdad didnt, in aug. 1999 we had a daughter together and they were a loud to see her even though we have had problems with them we didnt want to interfer with the relationship of them and there grandchild, even though they wanted nomore to do with my son, except a couple of times they took him only because we said its not right to treat him that way, in oct.1999 we had an arguement and his mom told us that if we ever spanked or whipped our child she would run with her,well things got heated up and she tried to hit me infront of myson, her to other daughters and my boyfriend one thing led to another and she said we would regret that we told her that she wouldnt get to leave our house with our daughter anymore, that she could see her there... well we never heard anymore from her till we got served with 3rd party custody papers....... what are her rights
If you and the boyfriend are still together then she has no rights to petition for custody unless she can PROVE you unfit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">