• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PAS and Judges Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LilSty

What is the name of your state?
Does anyone have any experience as to how judges have rules when they do find that one parent is alienating a child from the other? If it is to the point that the child hates the targeted parent and the judge sees this, what do they typically do about it? Anyone know?

kat1963

They typically give total & full custody to the alienating parent...in the best interest of the child (who, of course, doesn't NEED two parents, only one phyco)...with little or NO visitation to you. YOU will however be required to be a slave & pay child support.

Don't like it? Research CASE LAW, hire a PIT BULL ATTORNEY, WRITE LETTERS, PROTEST & VOTE. Even it doesn't help you, it might help others in the same position later on down the line.

KAT

B

Boxcarbill

LilSty said:
What is the name of your state?
Does anyone have any experience as to how judges have rules when they do find that one parent is alienating a child from the other? If it is to the point that the child hates the targeted parent and the judge sees this, what do they typically do about it? Anyone know?
One cannot say because they have seen a particular Judge do "x" that other Judges will do " x." But I have seen several different Judges lecture many parties upon their immaturity and how the Judge wishes that the parents were as mature as their child. I have also witnessed Judges expressing that they wished that they could remove the child from both parents and place the child with someone who cared more about the child than about getting even with each other. And yes I have even seen Judges change the managing conservatorship of the child because of the alienation tactics of the custodial parent.

Last edited:
L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

In my husbands case, the judge has ordered SD to see a psychologist to try and figure out why she has irrational hatred towards her dad. The psycho has taken her to a licensed clinical social worker instead. He still has no visitation. Case is still pending. Who knows how it will turn out...I tend to agree with kat tho. I don't see it ending well or fairly.

LilSty

OK, so let me get this straight, complete and obvious alienation going on, a judge sees it, and does absolutely nothing? Is this true? Somebody out there has to have been in the same situation and can give feedback on what happened? And, how they handled the child or children who were expressing the ex's anger on the targeted parent. Anyone? Please?

Whyte Noise

LilSty

Do a search on the name raddadthomas. It's my belief that he's suffering one of the worse cases of PAS I've ever known of. And not one thing has been done.

kat1963

You have to do your own research. But the research that I have done (actually being NCP bias to a certain point) has indictated that it's in the best interest of the child to actually be left with the alienator and no contact with the alienated parent. Sorry to say....you don't have to go by what I say, look it up and read all the studies TO THE END on your own. My husband is the alienated parent. One judge saw it & ruled on it. Sadly, she became a Supreme Court Justice so we got a new one. Another female who stated that the first judge was *stupid* *totally wrong* & *out of her mind*...yeah...okay...therefore:

We don't know your judge, or how much in reserve (both financial & emotional) you have to fight this. If they are still young enough, you have a chance. Just make sure you have a hell of a lawyer.

Best wishes to you!

KAT

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

I think there are a few reasons that judges don't take this as seriously as they should. 1 reason being PAS is not on the books as being a legit condition or "disease". I'm sure all the counselors and psychologists out there know it exists but I don't know exactly how they refer to it. They can't classify it as they would bi-polarism or a sociopath. Another reason is because it is hard to prove. You get a lot of he said, she said and it just looks like the parents are squabbling and one of them will lose all credibility. I tend to believe it has a lot to do with the antiquated double standards that is instilled and force fed to us all as children. (or perhaps some of us I should say to be politically correct) You know, dad is the bread winner, mom stays home with the kids, mom should have custody of kids because after all, she is the mom. Dad is the classic workaholic, he never had a hand in raising kids so what would he know. He can't fix dinner or wash clothes or keep the house spotless or tend to boo boo's, thats mom's job.

It's a sad situation, believe me I know. Perhaps you'll get a fair judge that can see the truth....Is your child is counseling?

B

Boxcarbill

Lil Miss Smarty Panties said:
I think there are a few reasons that judges don't take this as seriously as they should. 1 reason being PAS is not on the books as being a legit condition or "disease". I'm sure all the counselors and psychologists out there know it exists but I don't know exactly how they refer to it. They can't classify it as they would bi-polarism or a sociopath. Another reason is because it is hard to prove. You get a lot of he said, she said and it just looks like the parents are squabbling and one of them will lose all credibility. I tend to believe it has a lot to do with the antiquated double standards that is instilled and force fed to us all as children. (or perhaps some of us I should say to be politically correct) You know, dad is the bread winner, mom stays home with the kids, mom should have custody of kids because after all, she is the mom. Dad is the classic workaholic, he never had a hand in raising kids so what would he know. He can't fix dinner or wash clothes or keep the house spotless or tend to boo boo's, thats mom's job.

It's a sad situation, believe me I know. Perhaps you'll get a fair judge that can see the truth....Is your child is counseling?
I haven't heard this thinking since the 50's. You all need to spend some time in family law courtrooms today. More than likely the Judge as well as both attorneys are females. In CPS cases, the Judge, the attorneys, the social worker and their supervisor, as well as the CASA worker will more than likely be females. Now who are these stay at home moms?

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

You can't honestly say there is no bias in the family court system. And if the judge, the attorneys, the social workers are all female, who do you think they are unconsciously siding with??

edit to add: the point I was trying to make in my previous post was, even though the"typical 50's lifstyle" doesn't exist anymore, the outdated stereotype is still unconsciously there.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">