• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternal grandmother won't give our son back-she doesn't even have legal custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awt201080

when i was 15 i had a little boy my family didn't want me to keep. i refused to give him up for adoption so i thought i did the next best thing. i wrote a permission letter for her to take him when i was 15 and she agreed to give him back to me when i turned 18. well it is now 3 years later than that date and she has no willingness to let him go. she has no legal custody not even guardianship.my husband and i, and at the time our middle boy was with us, went out to california where she is currently residing after hiring a private investigator to find her, and tried to start the transition with him. she became violent and didnt want me to have anything to do with him as his mother. then, again ,last summer we wentout there and wanted to just take him but we couldn't. now we don't know what to do. the state of california is coming after me for child support and i have a case that i didnt know u had. we now have two of our little boys with us but it still fells incomplete. we have called numerous agencies and contacted hundreds of people but still we havent recieved the answers. i want to do this right and the legal way but the way of getting there is our problem. what can we do?? i live in nevada and she and my son lives in california. please help!!!any advice is greatly appriciated...

LegalBeagle

awt201080 said:
when i was 15 i had a little boy my family didn't want me to keep. i refused to give him up for adoption so i thought i did the next best thing. i wrote a permission letter for her to take him when i was 15 and she agreed to give him back to me when i turned 18. well it is now 3 years later than that date and she has no willingness to let him go. she has no legal custody not even guardianship.my husband and i, and at the time our middle boy was with us, went out to california where she is currently residing after hiring a private investigator to find her, and tried to start the transition with him. she became violent and didnt want me to have anything to do with him as his mother. then, again ,last summer we wentout there and wanted to just take him but we couldn't. now we don't know what to do. the state of california is coming after me for child support and i have a case that i didnt know u had. we now have two of our little boys with us but it still fells incomplete. we have called numerous agencies and contacted hundreds of people but still we havent recieved the answers. i want to do this right and the legal way but the way of getting there is our problem. what can we do?? i live in nevada and she and my son lives in california. please help!!!any advice is greatly appriciated...
You retain an attorney in CA and file for custody.

A

awt201080

thanks for responding but i know that. How do i retain a lawyer in california when i reside in nevada? is it possible to retain a lawyer that can practice in two different jurisdictions?

LegalBeagle

awt201080 said:
thanks for responding but i know that. How do i retain a lawyer in california when i reside in nevada? is it possible to retain a lawyer that can practice in two different jurisdictions?
You do not need the attorney to have anything to do with NV. Go to attorneypages.com or, get the zip code of where the children are staying and then use yp.yahoo.com and search for attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">