• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaykes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia, Is it illegal to do a parternity test without mothers consent?

Kaykes

nothing happened yet. they guy thinks he father and wants a paternity test but ive said no could he go behind my back and do one were not married

Proserpina

nothing happened yet. they guy thinks he father and wants a paternity test but ive said no could he go behind my back and do one were not married

Why would you not want to do a paternity test? How does he even have access to the child if he's a legal stranger?

The answer is that he has no right to even touch your child, let alone take a cheek swab.

Silverplum

Sure he theoretically could. But it's not like the paternity test is painful or intrusive: it's a cheek swab.

If he's not the father, what's the problem? If he is the father, what's the problem?

Proserpina

Sure he theoretically could. But it's not like the paternity test is painful or intrusive: it's a cheek swab.

If he's not the father, what's the problem? If he is the father, what's the problem?

I had a similar question on another forum but from the perspective of the putative father.

Mom was married, had a fling, got pregnant and reconciled with the husband who knew paternity would be in doubt, but stayed anyway. Five years later, other guy decides that he wants a paternity test. In their state, an intact marriage can rebut a challenge to paternity....so what did the guy do?

He had a "friend" who ran the daycare where the child went. The "friend" called the guy, and the guy actually turned up to the daycare and they swabbed the child.

I. Was. FLOORED.

And if I had been Mom, I would have raised holy hockey sticks and had 'em both up for battery.

#endanecdote.

Just Blue

Per user profile VM...

Silver...Do you recall what the deleted that was about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">