• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paternity test help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikki08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma

My sons father and I were seeing eachother for a little while. We decided to stop seeing eachother after a few dates awhile later I found out I was pregnant. I decided not to tell him but now my sons months old and I realized I made a mistake. I went online and found his sisters website and got her email. She gave me her brothers (my sons father) cell number. He doesn't want to take a paternity test. I tried calling him back the next day but he changed his number or blocked my number. I don't know where he lives but I know where he works. I want to know if there's a way of finding his adress and having a lawyer send him a letter asking to set up a meeting between us. I don't want to bring this to court but if I have to I will. This isn't about getting child support I just want my son to grow up knowing his father. Can anybody help me my email is [email protected]

Isis1

please delete your e-mail. no one here will e-mail you and you don't want a bunch of weirdos e-mailing you either.

Isis1

thank you nikki.

now first off, you have to keep in mind you cannot force anyone to be a parent. you are the sole custodian at this point. you can establish paternity/file for custody/visitation/support. visitation is a right, not mandatory. you can have a court order, but it doesn't mean dad will show up for visitation. there are no repurcussions for not being an involved dad. that's reality.

you can go to your local child support enforcement office, and file for child support. part of that process would be establishing paternity. they will locate him, issue a court order for him to appear and take a DNA test. even then, he may not show up. however, if he ends up getting his wages garnished, he may finally show up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">