• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity Tests and Lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xesbrick

I was told by a lawyer that Georgia is one state that does not make you pay CS retroactively.

Also, someone stated that I should get this filed with the state where it works out best. I've discussed this before on here. I been told two different things. Some people say no matter what everything will be run through Georgia. Others told me if I filed in my state then everything would be run through my state. I think the fact she is on Medicaid or whatever now will cause Georgia to be the state. What's right? Obviously, I'd prefer non-GA.

If everyone realizes Georgia's laws are so messed up why hasn't something been done? I know there have been efforts and a few judges have deviated from the law but it doesn't seem like things will be changing soon. One lawyer said changes could come down this year but said it's 50/50. I am a little pessimistic in this regard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">