• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying child support, while parent is not working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mindi batlin

i live in no. california, and my boyfriend has 2 kids with 2 different women. he pays child support for both and is more than generous anytime either of them ask for money. recently both of the women have decided to quit their jobs(why should they work when they can get money from the father!), anyways does this make a difference in the amount he should pay? is there a time limit for the mothers to find a job? does he still need to pay for child care if the mothers are home? any help would be greatly appreciated!

CMSC

If your ex has proof the mothers are not working then and it states that in his order he has to pay child care because they are working then I am pretty sure he could have it modified BUT if he does this his support could more than likely be raised because he will be the sole provider! Many states feel anymore that it is more important for CP's to stay home and take care of the children than it is for them to work. TIGGER had a really good post about this I think, but I don't know where it is at!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">