• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pending Relocation Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgflmom

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex and I have shared custody w/ a 50/50 visitation schedule. However, papers specifically state - shared custody w/ the father having primary residence. Even though the kids go to school where I live. My ex moved out of state July, 2004. We have a pending relocation case. The kids have stayed with me since he moved. The magistrate recommended the kids to be relocated on July 31, 2005. However, we have filed exceptions, therefore the order will not be executed by the judge until there is a hearing, which won't be until sometime in August. My ex says that he is still coming on the 31st of July and picking up the kids. He says he can take them out of state because he has primary residence. Doesn't that only pertain to the state of Florida? We have shared custody, can he come and just take them out of state because as he says he has primary residence? My attorney is out of town and I don't know what to do come the 31st of July. My attorney told me not to let the kids go because there is no signed order. However, my ex has called and threatened me and is threatening my kids. What is the best way to proceed? Please help!!!

LdiJ

lgflmom said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex and I have shared custody w/ a 50/50 visitation schedule. However, papers specifically state - shared custody w/ the father having primary residence. Even though the kids go to school where I live. My ex moved out of state July, 2004. We have a pending relocation case. The kids have stayed with me since he moved. The magistrate recommended the kids to be relocated on July 31, 2005. However, we have filed exceptions, therefore the order will not be executed by the judge until there is a hearing, which won't be until sometime in August. My ex says that he is still coming on the 31st of July and picking up the kids. He says he can take them out of state because he has primary residence. Doesn't that only pertain to the state of Florida? We have shared custody, can he come and just take them out of state because as he says he has primary residence? My attorney is out of town and I don't know what to do come the 31st of July. My attorney told me not to let the kids go because there is no signed order. However, my ex has called and threatened me and is threatening my kids. What is the best way to proceed? Please help!!!
If your attorney told him not to take the kids...then don't allow him to take the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">