• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

People other than parents removing child from state without both parents concent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greywolf907

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ALASKA

Me and my ex wife have joint custody of our two children they stay with me 2 weeks and then with her for to weeks.My ex recently asked me if our daughter could go out of state with my ex wifes mother and i said i was 100% against it without me or my ex wife going with our daughter,so she said fine then she wont go.Since this is her 2 weeks with the kids she went ahead and sent my daughter out of state anyway without my concent.So my question is can she legaly do that and is there any steps i can take to prevent it from accuring again?

thx for your help.

BL

You don't say what type of Joint Custody , but even if it were joint legal , courts look at taking children out of State for vacations OK .

The other parent gave permission on their time for a vacation .

I see no violation of Law.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm with BL. Unless your court order REQUIRES it, mom can do what she wants on her time. She is allowed her child to go out of state on her time. Out of the country is a bit trickier.

LdiJ

I'm with BL. Unless your court order REQUIRES it, mom can do what she wants on her time. She is allowed her child to go out of state on her time. Out of the country is a bit trickier.
On top of that the child went with a grandparent. You might have had a leg to stand on if the people she traveled with were complete strangers to you, but it was a grandparent who is obviously not a stranger to you.

Give it up dad. You don't have that kind of control...and neither does mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">