• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury or not perjury, that is the question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeekChrist

What is the name of your state? Arizona

During our hearing today, the Respondent lied throughout the whole session. She appeared by telephone based on a request made to the courts here. Anyhow, if I obtain a copy of the audio cd of todays hearing, is there a way to enforce perjury? Even with legal documents proving her lies are by no means accident?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Perjury is up to the prosecutor to charge. You would have to show that she has lied on the record by using HER words on the record to prove it.

SeekChrist

I see. Thanks.
I guess my next question is if I get the recording converted to a text document by a company who specializes in the services, how would I present it to the prosecutor? Is this a reasonable thing to even attempt at? Or should I just use it to build the custody case on my behalf by proving her word is no good?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Neither, really. You build a custody case by proving that the child remaining in your custody is in the child's best interests.

casa

SeekChrist said:
I see. Thanks.
I guess my next question is if I get the recording converted to a text document by a company who specializes in the services, how would I present it to the prosecutor? Is this a reasonable thing to even attempt at? Or should I just use it to build the custody case on my behalf by proving her word is no good?
Stealth is correct. The only reason you'd use this information is if it's relevant to issues in the custody case- and then you would provide documentation/evidence which is contrary to what the X said. ie; You file the transcripts & then file the contrary evidence/documentation where it demonstrates her dishonesty.

A Prosecutor won't waste their time pursuing a parent who lied in a custody case....because it happens every day, in every state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">