• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permission for visit other country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimi3311

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, our divorce hasn't been finalized yet. I am planning to visit my family in other country with the children for this summer.
I would like to make sure this form would be good enough to get sign by STBX(father) to permit the children visit to other country.
Anybody can check ? Any advice ?

Is it necessary to be notarized ?

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Re: Authorization for Minors to Travel
Name of Minors (child's name), DOB xx/xx/xxxx
(child's name), DOB xx/xx/xxxx

I, (father's name), hereby grant permission for my children, (child's name) and (child's name) to travel to (country's name) with their mother on vacation for four weeks between the period 7/1/2012 and 8/5/2012. The minor children shall be returned to the United States on or before 8/5/2012.

Father's signature __________________________________

Date ___________________________________

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, our divorce hasn't been finalized yet. I am planning to visit my family in other country with the children for this summer.
I would like to make sure this form would be good enough to get sign by STBX(father) to permit the children visit to other country.
Anybody can check ? Any advice ?

Is it necessary to be notarized ?

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Re: Authorization for Minors to Travel
Name of Minors (child's name), DOB xx/xx/xxxx
(child's name), DOB xx/xx/xxxx

I, (father's name), hereby grant permission for my children, (child's name) and (child's name) to travel to (country's name) with their mother on vacation for four weeks between the period 7/1/2012 and 8/5/2012. The minor children shall be returned to the United States on or before 8/5/2012.

Father's signature __________________________________

Date ___________________________________
What country and, yes, dad's signature should be notarized. Why a month? And is there one child or more than one?

mimi3311

Thank you for your reply.

I am traveling with 2 minor children.
Why a month ? Because a month is my time with the children and the father has another month with them in summer holiday.
(Additional information)
Since they were born, we visited to my/their family in my country every summer (father also was with us a couple times). After we separated (process in divorce now), he opposed. 2 years ago, the judge awarded me to visit to my country with the children for a month and we returned before the date the judge said.
The judge thought there is no reason that we can't visit family in my/their country.

Thanks again.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Depending on the country, Dad may have a valid reason for not wanting his children to go.

mimi3311

I am uncomfortable to state the country's name here in public, because I am afraid of father might see this forum. I don't believe what kind of things he is going to attempt next (he is an abuser, this is the reason I escaped from him)
But my country hasn't signed with Hague (sp?) convention yet. However it is very safe country in Asia.

Thank you for your time.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would not agree to my ex taking our child(ren) to a non-signatory country, either, and would push it for the court to order me to allow it. I would also ask the court to order you to post a sizable bond prior to the trip - to cover any costs I might have to incur should the ex decide not to return the kids.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I would not agree to my ex taking our child(ren) to a non-signatory country, either, and would push it for the court to order me to allow it. I would also ask the court to order you to post a sizable bond prior to the trip - to cover any costs I might have to incur should the ex decide not to return the kids.
Agreed. She should have to post a bond of at least 10k to travel to a non-signatory country. And if she can not post that bond, she should not get to take the children there. Dad should also be the one holding the passports.

CSO286

I am uncomfortable to state the country's name here in public, because I am afraid of father might see this forum. I don't believe what kind of things he is going to attempt next (he is an abuser, this is the reason I escaped from him)
But my country hasn't signed with Hague (sp?) convention yet. However it is very safe country in Asia.

Thank you for your time.
I'd refuse. Absolutely. In a heartbeat. And I can see you'd have an uphill battle trying to convince the courts to allow for an extended visit to a non-signatory country without a massive bond to guarantee the children's return.

LdiJ

I don't disagree with anything that has been said here. However, apparently the judge in THIS particular case doesn't have a problem with it. Maybe mom has strong enough ties to the US that there would be little chance that she wouldn't return.

Mom and dad have been separated for two years. Maybe the judge thinks that if she was going to do it, she would have done it by now?

Proserpina

The JUDGE in this case allowed Mom to visit with her home country - it being a non-Hague signatory from the beginning - AFTER proceedings were commenced.

What changed?

meanyjack

Dear LdiJ & Proserpina

I just want to say "Thank you very much"
Uhh thanking people who tell you what you want to hear is not very wise (and I'm not saying that to be negative against the posters who gave you advice).
But, that's typical for people like you. :rolleyes:

mimi3311

I apologize my previous post.
Thank you very much for all who spent time for my question.
I really appreciate, however I just wanted to know the Form states good enough to protect.

Thanks again for all of you.
Have a great weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">