• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition to Modify Parenting Plan/Default Entered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's 20 calendar days, I confirmed this with the clerk of courts and the local Sherrif dept who I used to get her served
Neither of whom are qualified (or allowed) to give legal advice. I would suggest that you check with an attorney. Or not, I mean, you're not going to listen anyway.

jorgebarrios

Appreciate the advise, I get different versions from everyone, including two attorneys I've already meet with so at this point I'm not really sure what or who to believe!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's 20 calendar days, I confirmed this with the clerk of courts and the local Sherrif dept who I used to get her served
Judges in Family Court give a lot of leeway. You're unlikely to get a default. Understand that. Or hire an attorney. Do so anyway - you realyt need one.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...I get different versions from everyone, including two attorneys I've already meet with so at this point...
That alone should be enough to make you understand that the chances of the response not being accepted and a default being entered are very slim, at best.

Proserpina

read p/x - OP like to knit at pics. Or pick at gnits. Gnats. Or something...
:eek:

This OP is going to have a miserable 11 years.

OP, you're clearly not seeing this for what it is. What's going to happen is this:

If the court flushes your motions down the drain (which would be proper), this 8 year old little boy is going to be aware of one thing and one thing only - in his eyes, you make Mom sad and even if she doesn't say anything at all about it, you better believe that your son is going to pick up on it and you're the bad guy.

If the court's common sense is overlooked and for some bizarre reason custody is switched, this 8 year old little boy is going to be aware of one and one thing only...

Either way you better get your act together otherwise your son is going to wake up the very day of his 18th birthday and pretend you don't exist. And there will be absolutely nothing you can do about it.

jorgebarrios

I'm going to have a miserable 11 years? This is based on your assumption that my son will "hate" me because I took time away from his mother? You clearly don't know the type of relationship my son and I have nor do you know the relationship he and his mother have. Sounds like your making assumptions based on your own life experiences. I have as much rights as the mother does, I should be able to see and spend as much time with my son as the mother does! I came on this forum for advise, not to have some random person tell me to "get my act together" when they clearly have no idea what my situation is like! Sorry if my question hit a nerve!

Proserpina

I'm going to have a miserable 11 years? This is based on your assumption that my son will "hate" me because I took time away from his mother? You clearly don't know the type of relationship my son and I have nor do you know the relationship he and his mother have. Sounds like your making assumptions based on your own life experiences. I have as much rights as the mother does, I should be able to see and spend as much time with my son as the mother does! I came on this forum for advise, not to have some random person tell me to "get my act together" when they clearly have no idea what my situation is like! Sorry if my question hit a nerve!
Oh, I'm not random. I am clearly quite deliberate.

:cool:

Ladyback1

*sigh*
Regardless of what kind of relationship you have with your son: If you and mom are constantly harping, complaining and going to court, neither of you will have the time or energy to be happy, or to simply just "be". Life is always going to be about the next court day and/or the next issue to nitpick about.

And yeah, no matter what sort of relationship you have NOW? It may not survive is what your son sees is mom and/or dad always harping on the other parent.

LdiJ

You obviously did not get where Pro was coming from at all, so I will try to explain it to you in different words...

Courts are NOT impressed with parents who constantly take the other parent to court for nitpicky things. The things that you are filing about are nitpicky and trivial in the legal scheme of things. On top of that, children, as they get older tend to become resentful towards the parent that makes their home life more complicated. Believe it or not, constantly taking the other parent to court over nitpicky or trivial matters does just that.

The fact that your parenting time got reduced is a very CLEAR indication that the judge considered you to be the problem. Saying things like "Sorry if my question hit a nerve" is also a CLEAR indication that you cannot handle someone telling you something different than what you want to hear. You made the assumption that if someone wasn't cheerleading you on that somehow that person was biased. Life, and the courts, simply don't work that way.

jorgebarrios

I never once said my time was reduced with my son, since his mother and I seperated I've always had a minimum of 13 overnights a month consistently for 5 years, so get your facts straight before you comment! Now that my son is a little older and I'm requesting to spend more time with him during the week. I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm entilted to spend as much time with him as his mother is. Sounds like you're against 50/50 time sharing

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I never once said my time was reduced with my son, since his mother and I seperated I've always had a minimum of 13 overnights a month consistently for 5 years, so get your facts straight before you comment! Now that my son is a little older and I'm requesting to spend more time with him during the week. I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm entilted to spend as much time with him as his mother is. Sounds like you're against 50/50 time sharing
Oh, I see. This is all about YOU, not your son. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">