• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Harrasment???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stepmom03

Oregon- My husband and his exgirlfriend have shared custody of their 4 year old son. Boy is at our house 5 days a week, hers 2. From a half an hour from the time we drop the boy off to an hour before we pick him up she calls constantly. What did he have to eat? Did you feed him? The other night she called 18 times in a 15 minute time period. At 10:30 at night when we're both in bed asleep. All of which just to say boy was coughing. Not only are the calls annoying, she calls to yell at us about nothing. She calls yesterday to yell at us for putting the boy in preschool. At which he has been attending for 3 months now and she knew about it the day he started. Is there anyway we can stop this or do we just have to deal with it?

The boy has asthma. She refuses to give him his proper medicine, there are 8 other people who live in the house, all of which smoke in front of him. Boy now has broncitus because of this. We MADE her take him to the doctors on Wednesday, at which time she placed the bill in my name, court order she has to pay half. That's a joke. She owes us a little less than 1000 dollars for back cs, medical bills, prescriptions, etc. We aren't really "pushing" for her to pay what she owes as we are going to file for full custody and have her rights taken as soon as we can afford it. Which may take a while. Childs counselors request for the abuse he encounters while at her house. Is there anything we can do though to make her pay doctor/hospital bills when she takes him. Which rarely happens but had I not answered the phone that night she called a billion times she would have taken him to the ER for a cough. Boy is on my account so they won't bill her, they'll only bill me. She won't pay the bill, and if we don't the doctors office refuses treatment. Not something we can have due to his constant medical problems.

I'm sure all of this is just going to have to be dealt with but is there an easy way to make her pay. Plus stop calling. Last night was the first night in 8 months she didn't call. Everything is documented. Thank you.

MySonsMom

Not only would I go to court to limit the visitation with this woman, but I would no longer answer the telephone. Since you have an answering machine, she can leave a message. There is no reason that she needs to call that many times, in fact she is abusing the phone privaledges and disrupting your family and life.

Stop answering her calls. Unless it's an emergency, or you NEED to talk with this woman, talk to her on the phone. If not, let her leave messages and keep all tapes because she will probably start verbally abusing you on the machine.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">