• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debandgary

I am in Tennessee and my ex has custody of our children. I have court ordered phone visitation two nights a week. When they are with me for the summer visit am I required to pay for the long distance call for them to talk to their dad or should he have to call them at his expense? He insists that they should call him at my expense. The way I understood the judge was that he has the same phone rights when they are with me as I do when they are with him.

MySonsMom

debandgary said:
I am in Tennessee and my ex has custody of our children. I have court ordered phone visitation two nights a week. When they are with me for the summer visit am I required to pay for the long distance call for them to talk to their dad or should he have to call them at his expense? He insists that they should call him at my expense. The way I understood the judge was that he has the same phone rights when they are with me as I do when they are with him.
Unless you are court ordered to have the children call their Father on your summer visitation, he is responsible for the costs.

You pay when you call, he pays when he calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">