• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone visitation interference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gregmahlstedt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
Our divorce order statest that the parent not in physical custody of the minor child will have reasonable phone visitation between the hours of 7pm-8pm. My ex wife has failed to comply I sent 1 text message to her cell phone and left a message on the home phone asking him to call me. I never recieved a call back. My question is do I need to file anything at the court house or do I go to the police and file a complaint. I have been put through 2 BS Orders of Protection and an unfounded DCFS complaint during the course of my divorce, so I am not inclined to allow any violation of the order to slip by.

CJane

"Reasonable" visitation - telephone or otherwise - is nearly impossible to enforce.

If Mom/kiddo were busy, or kiddo fell asleep early, or Mom didn't have cell service, or she was on the phone, or whatever, she wasn't "violating" anything. It simply wasn't reasonable for you to expect to talk to Jr right then.

LdiJ

"Reasonable" visitation - telephone or otherwise - is nearly impossible to enforce.

If Mom/kiddo were busy, or kiddo fell asleep early, or Mom didn't have cell service, or she was on the phone, or whatever, she wasn't "violating" anything. It simply wasn't reasonable for you to expect to talk to Jr right then.
Also, were you sending mom messages telling mom to have the child call you instead of calling the child yourself? If so, that was out of line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">