• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pick up/ Drop off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canefan4lif

What is the name of your state? Florida
What is the rule on the parents splitting the driving. Do I need to get a court order or is this an unwritten rule? If I do, where do I start? I feel we should split the driving being it is our child. Please help! Thanks.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Florida
What is the rule on the parents splitting the driving. Do I need to get a court order or is this an unwritten rule? If I do, where do I start? I feel we should split the driving being it is our child. Please help! Thanks.
More facts are needed.

Who moved? How far?

canefan4lif

I've been picking up and dropping off since she was born(4+yrs) but enough is enough. She says, if you want to see her than you need to pick her up.

LdiJ

I've been picking up and dropping off since she was born(4+yrs) but enough is enough. She says, if you want to see her than you need to pick her up.
If the order doesn't say who picks up and drops off, and you are the non custodial parent, then if you want to exercise your visitation, you have to pick up and drop off.

You could take it back to court to try to get a judge to order that the other parent share the transportation, but that is really your only option. There is no other way to force a change.

Gracie3787

Thanks for the information. What would the reality of this being added to our agreement?
You live only 15 miles apart. Typically the court will order split transportation costs only when parents live 50 miles or more apart.

I know that the price of gas is hurting everyone, but to try to take this minor problem to court would most likely be a waste of time and money, sorry.

Florida...I am in the same situation except I am the custodial parent. I have been trying to get my son mother to at least pick himup for visitation and ill pick up at end. But she wont and we live 15 miles apart. My court order does not specify anything accept the visitaion times. I even tried to let her know a week in advance that she will need to pick him up since I work and she agreed. But come her day she had some excuse (like always). But one time I said no and she called the police. Get this they tried to tell me that I had to bring the child to her per court order. I am going back to court for a modification on this. My problem is she does not and never has attempted to pay any child support or offer any help in any way. Thats okay though because the system will get her eventually.

LdiJ

Florida...I am in the same situation except I am the custodial parent. I have been trying to get my son mother to at least pick himup for visitation and ill pick up at end. But she wont and we live 15 miles apart. My court order does not specify anything accept the visitaion times. I even tried to let her know a week in advance that she will need to pick him up since I work and she agreed. But come her day she had some excuse (like always). But one time I said no and she called the police. Get this they tried to tell me that I had to bring the child to her per court order. I am going back to court for a modification on this. My problem is she does not and never has attempted to pay any child support or offer any help in any way. Thats okay though because the system will get her eventually.
If you are the custodal parent and your orders do not specify that you have to take the child to her, then the police has no right to insinuate that you had to deliver the child to her....nor could they have enforced that insinuation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">