• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

picking up my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

albert martinez

What is the name of your state? texas i have a problem with picking up my kids.every time when i go pick them up,they never what to come.and thier mother just says that they don't want to come. but ,i was regardless if they cry or not . i'm suposed to get them anyway . thanks

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

You are picking them up or you aren't picking them up?

How old are they?

Give us more detail, I'm not sure what you're asking.

ellencee

Separation anxiety is a big deal with children. Mom could do everything right and the children would cry and otherwise physically exhibit their emotions. You have to admit, there are some powerful emotions on each side of the doorway when it's time for visitation to begin or to end.

Routine helps ease the transition. Try establishing a routine that when they leave with Dad, they are headed to the DQ. Give them a few minutes to accept the transition and have some ice cream (not a meal). Then, they should be more willing to complete the trip to Dad's. A lot of parents have this type of interaction with their children and find it helps to calm everyone's nerves and get visitation off to a good start.

Mom certainly can't guarantee that the kids won't cry when they leave home or that they won't say they don't want to go; and, neither can a court.

Children didn't arrive in this world equipped to handle the demands of visitation. It is an unfair burden we have placed on them.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ellencee's plan is a good one. Gives the kids something to look forward to, and starts the visit on a good footing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">