• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plead to court for emergency relief of visitation travel expense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

Hi. I'm a single custodial father with custody of two kids. Mom lives in Ohio and decree states I have to pick up kids after Summer and Christmas visits. I can't possibly afford it this year and mom refuses to return kids after visit. I filed bankruptcy this year and am struggling to keep our home out of foreclosure. If forced to make this trip I can't get the kids anything for Christmas. Can I ask court for emergency relief of visitation terms? She pays zero support and claims a child on taxes each year.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

Hi. I'm a single custodial father with custody of two kids. Mom lives in Ohio and decree states I have to pick up kids after Summer and Christmas visits. I can't possibly afford it this year and mom reuses to return kids after visit. I filed bankruptcy this year and am struggling to keep our home out of foreclosure. If forced to make this trip I can't get the kids anything for Christmas. Can I ask court for emergency relief of visitation terms?
Please don't start a new thread for every question...Just ask this on your existing thread. :)

Please don't start a new thread for every question...Just ask this on your existing thread. :)
Sorry. I did post it on my previous thread but didn't receive a response. I understand the dollar amount of this expense is minimal to most people, but to me it is a large expense. Do you have any advice to my situation? To put it in perspective, the cost of the trip is equal to roughly one and a half months of my mortgage.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Sorry. I did post it on my previous thread but didn't receive a response. I understand the dollar amount of this expense is minimal to most people, but to me it is a large expense. Do you have any advice to my situation? To put it in perspective, the cost of the trip is equal to roughly one and a half months of my mortgage.
No. I have no advice to you other than keeping your questions regarding this situation on one thread. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">