• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quarinteen

I live in nevada and my ex girlfriend lives in Kansas. She was supposed to move here this June, but she ended up getting pregnant. After we found out she was pregnant she still was planning on moving here and starting a family. I proposed to her and she accepted. At some point she changed her mind and decided she wanted to stay in Kansas. I agreed to moving to Kansas to make the family work it was what we both wanted. At some point over the next few weeks she called everything off. I ended up paying for a paternity test when she was 12 weeks pregnant. Her behavior changes put some doubt in my mind.

The test results came back as mine. Since them she has completely cut me out of her life and refuses to speak to me at all. I am freaking out and I do not know what to do. I feel like she is going to try and keep my child from me at this point. I don't know where I am supposed to get a lawyer do I get one in Nevada or Kansas? Can I file for custody here since the baby was conceived here or do I have to file there because that's where she lives? Someone please help I am extremely stressed out and depressed over this. I don't know where to turn at this point.

Proserpina

I live in nevada and my ex girlfriend lives in Kansas. She was supposed to move here this June, but she ended up getting pregnant. After we found out she was pregnant she still was planning on moving here and starting a family. I proposed to her and she accepted. At some point she changed her mind and decided she wanted to stay in Kansas. I agreed to moving to Kansas to make the family work it was what we both wanted. At some point over the next few weeks she called everything off. I ended up paying for a paternity test when she was 12 weeks pregnant. Her behavior changes put some doubt in my mind.

The test results came back as mine. Since them she has completely cut me out of her life and refuses to speak to me at all. I am freaking out and I do not know what to do. I feel like she is going to try and keep my child from me at this point. I don't know where I am supposed to get a lawyer do I get one in Nevada or Kansas? Can I file for custody here since the baby was conceived here or do I have to file there because that's where she lives? Someone please help I am extremely stressed out and depressed over this. I don't know where to turn at this point.
Who on earth did a DNA test in utero on a 12 week fetus?

quarinteen

It was a company called dna diagnostic center it's done using blood they extract the fetal nda from the mothers blood. It's a 1600$ test

Until the birth, legally there is no child. She can go anywhere whenever she wants and you have zero control over that. When the child is born, you must establish paternity in the jurisdiction the child is born in. Once this is done, mom would have been the sole caregiver long enough to establish the status quo and you will have to file for visitation and will be ordered to pay child support. Again, all these legalities will be heard in the family court of wherever she is living when the baby is born.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">