• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Enforced Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

To OP I am a stepmom of 3 children. I "took" charge for awhile and almost burned myself out. I wasted a lot of time on things that work themselves out. Stop worrying and things will fall into place. come back in a year and tell us what happened.

tammy8 said:
To OP I am a stepmom of 3 children. I "took" charge for awhile and almost burned myself out. I wasted a lot of time on things that work themselves out. Stop worrying and things will fall into place. come back in a year and tell us what happened.
Thanks! I just get so darn stressed. It's just not right you know. I would never keep our 1 yr. old from her father if things went bad. Can't people just stop thinking of themselves for once and think of their children?

New question.

I]~Ok, last weekend when we went through all that is stated above to get fiance's child and the police filed contempt on the ex. They had my fiance fill out all the paper work and list details about denial of visitation for the past two years. Yes, after two hours we did get the child but the police suggested that we file anyways because of all the problems with Christmas and weekends the last past 2 years.

~My question: the police told us that it would take a few weeks for the states attorney to file and set a court date... will we be notified of the court date for contempt as well?

~Are we allowed or required to attend?

This week will be the 2nd week, the fiance just asked and I wasn't sure so I thought that I would ask. Please let us know.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I wuld likely call the court to see if anything has been filed/set. Also, I'd never let a court date slide w/o being there.

Thank You!

stealth2 said:
I wuld likely call the court to see if anything has been filed/set. Also, I'd never let a court date slide w/o being there.
Thanks, we really wanted to know the outcome, but was unsure if they would allow us to be there. They won't send a notice to the father letting him know that a date has been set?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would think they would, but I personally don't like to leave things like that to chance. Color me a control freak. My lawyer would tell me "you don't need to be there" and I'd tell her "they're my kids, I'm paying you and if all I do is waste a day sitting in the hallway - I'm going to be there." And waste days I have. But I will not leave my kids' or my future up to the whims of someone else.

stealth2 said:
I would think they would, but I personally don't like to leave things like that to chance. Color me a control freak. My lawyer would tell me "you don't need to be there" and I'd tell her "they're my kids, I'm paying you and if all I do is waste a day sitting in the hallway - I'm going to be there." And waste days I have. But I will not leave my kids' or my future up to the whims of someone else.
~There we will be! Will we be allowed in the room, or asked to leave? Do you know?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">