• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Positive Drug Test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

continue

I have sole custody of my child. I was advised last night that his father has tested positive for drugs. I would like to know how I can have the court order (typical parenting time schedule) altered to suspend visitation until he tests negative for drugs.

ceara19

I have sole custody of my child. I was advised last night that his father has tested positive for drugs. I would like to know how I can have the court order (typical parenting time schedule) altered to suspend visitation until he tests negative for drugs.
Was the drug testing part of the custody order or was it related to a separate matter?

continue

The father is on probation for harassing us and the drug tests were part of that case. I was notified by the probation department of the failed drug tests.

ceara19

The father is on probation for harassing us and the drug tests were part of that case. I was notified by the probation department of the failed drug tests.
Then a positive drug test will have no effect on visitation unless he ends up going to jail for probation violation OR he tested positive for drugs while the child was in his care AND the drug use presented an immediate danger to the child.

casa

What state are you in? Some states will allow suspended &/or supervised visitation in this situation~ especially if it's part of a harassment case & part of his probation agreement.

continue

I am in Arizona and the judge has sentenced him to jail for violating his probation with the positive drug tests.

casa

I am in Arizona and the judge has sentenced him to jail for violating his probation with the positive drug tests.
Good. Then Mom needs to go to local court, file move-away papers...and she will almost Surely be allowed to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">