• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Incarceration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brooke Ritter

I am the custodial parent of 2 young children (4 & 6). My ex-husband turned me into Military authorities for fraternization? I now face up to 6 years confinement. My court-martial will be held the end of May. Is there any legal way to prevent my ex-husband from gaining full custody of my children. If I am confined, how can I guarantee to have custody of my children upon my release?

LegalBeagle

Brooke Ritter said:

I am the custodial parent of 2 young children (4 & 6). My ex-husband turned me into Military authorities for fraternization? I now face up to 6 years confinement. My court-martial will be held the end of May. Is there any legal way to prevent my ex-husband from gaining full custody of my children. If I am confined, how can I guarantee to have custody of my children upon my release?

Unless you can prove he is unfit, then he will be able to gain custody of the children on your Incarceration. However, the fact you have children will help your case and it is unlikely you will be jailed. Probably thrown out of the military.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">