• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Pedophile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom16

What is the name of your state? TX

I have a teenage child who has been receiving text messages and phone calls as well as chatting on line with a man who is 46+. This is a friend of SM and BF - I have questioned son and he states this person is "like an uncle". Calls etc. are usually after 10:00 PM, BF has allowed child to spend nights with this person, in direct contempt of FROR. Child has told me this person "spoils" him with gifts and ball games. I have been told by counselor that a relationship which exceeds 4 years age diff. is a problem. When I bring up to BF he states it is none of my business. BF, SM child and friend are going on vacation together with friend and child sharing room! Many warning lights but can I do anything?What is the name of your state?

Halls

Has your son ever said anything innapropriate has happend? If father has court ordered time than there is nothing you can do about that. However if you have the FROR and father has violated that than file for contempt of the order.

mom16

Child says nothing has ever happened BUT child is talking about people he knows who are BI and or gay and is comfortable with that lifestyle. Also child states he wants girl pants to better accent his bottom!!!!

Halls

Ok, you are concerned your son might be gay? You think this man might have something to do with it?

I think get your son into counseling, file contempt of the order for your ex violation the FROR, but you cannot deny visitation.

Carrabas

mom16 said:
Child says nothing has ever happened BUT child is talking about people he knows who are BI and or gay and is comfortable with that lifestyle. Also child states he wants girl pants to better accent his bottom!!!!

a lot of straight guys are wearing girls pants these days, does your son listen to a lot of hardcore music? this doesn't mean he has gay tendencies....

mom16

Yes to the hard core music. Regarding being or not being gay - I hope not BUT I would accept whatever. I am just concerned with the calls and text messages, I have friends who have said it appears my child is being courted and I am at a loss as to what I can do. The girl clothes bother me. It seems as if suddenly (past two weeks) the issue of being gay/BI has come up a LOT and in a positive light (from child).

Shay-Pari'e

There are ways to monitor your child on the net,**************.....use it. Take the phone away and intercept the text messages. I would not normally advise this, but if I were concerned about the relationship, I would do it.

mom16

You didn't mention any of this in your other thread.
The ROFR is a seperate issue. I have spoken to both a counselor and lawyer - I can enforce BUT due to alienation from SM and BF - not a good thing at this time. The child has been in my care for the past 5 weeks, after Fathers Day with BF where child spent time with 46+ friend of family the text messages and phone calls started. Child and I went to mediation with counselor and child is going to start a 5/2 schedule, (old schedule was 1 week/1week with extra day with BF during my week) SM did not get job out of state. All is OK on visitation front. BF will not be happy that visitation remains at 50/50 but child is happy! Amazing that childs actual wants were so different from what was communicated at start of summer with lots of advise from BF! WHen child gets DL he and I will look at schedule again.

I am concerned with friend of family and what appears to be inappropiate.

Shay-Pari'e

mom16 said:
The ROFR is a seperate issue. I have spoken to both a counselor and lawyer - I can enforce BUT due to alienation from SM and BF - not a good thing at this time. The child has been in my care for the past 5 weeks, after Fathers Day with BF where child spent time with 46+ friend of family the text messages and phone calls started. Child and I went to mediation with counselor and child is going to start a 5/2 schedule, (old schedule was 1 week/1week with extra day with BF during my week) SM did not get job out of state. All is OK on visitation front. BF will not be happy that visitation remains at 50/50 but child is happy! Amazing that childs actual wants were so different from what was communicated at start of summer with lots of advise from BF! WHen child gets DL he and I will look at schedule again.

I am concerned with friend of family and what appears to be inappropiate.
Did you read my post?:rolleyes:

Silverplum

mom16 said:
This is a trend for young freaks. They're called "emos," and their "thing" is to be miserable and emotional and "beautiful" and wear their hair in their faces and wear girl pants. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd rather just pull my eyes out and juggle them for a while and then put them back in. That's the only quantity of eye-rolling that might satisfy me on this subject.

I'd kick his ass from here to Sunday. YOU are in charge. Unless, of course, you don't KNOW that you are in charge.

mom16

Shay-Pari'e said:
Did you read my post?:rolleyes:
Yes I did and Thank you

My answer was to your second post as to why I did not mention in my previous post.

I appreciate your suggestion

MrsK

Silverplum said:
This is a trend for young freaks. They're called "emos," and their "thing" is to be miserable and emotional and "beautiful" and wear their hair in their faces and wear girl pants. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd rather just pull my eyes out and juggle them for a while and then put them back in. That's the only quantity of eye-rolling that might satisfy me on this subject.

I'd kick his ass from here to Sunday. YOU are in charge. Unless, of course, you don't KNOW that you are in charge.
I love the way you describe that "emo" crap Silver.

Actually, I loved your whole post :D

CJane

MrsK said:
I love the way you describe that "emo" crap Silver.

Actually, I loved your whole post :D
Me too. And really... mom? Call the cell phone company and disable text messaging and quit letting your kid chat on yahoo or whatever. If you don't like the clothes he wants to wear, don't buy them or allow him to wear them in your house. None of this is difficult. My mom didn't like the clothes I wore in high school either... of course, I just changed once I got in the car, but that's not the point.

I don't understand why so many parents on this board seem to think they have no say in their children's lives/decisions.

And nowhere in the original post did I see ANY evidence that this man is showing a sexual interest in the boy.

AHA

mom16 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I have a teenage child who has been receiving text messages and phone calls as well as chatting on line with a man who is 46+. This is a friend of SM and BF - I have questioned son and he states this person is "like an uncle". Calls etc. are usually after 10:00 PM, BF has allowed child to spend nights with this person, in direct contempt of FROR. Child has told me this person "spoils" him with gifts and ball games. I have been told by counselor that a relationship which exceeds 4 years age diff. is a problem. When I bring up to BF he states it is none of my business. BF, SM child and friend are going on vacation together with friend and child sharing room! Many warning lights but can I do anything?What is the name of your state?
Call or email the old man and tell him to not contact your child anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">