• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

present parenting time vs non present paretning time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? BC Canada

I am the biological mother of our 4 and a half year old daughter . Dad works 5 days a week and I work 2. He works 10 plus hours a day and I work 6 to 7 hours on the two days. One of the days I work , Tuesdays is Dads day off. Our current arrangement allows dad maximum time to spend with our daughter given his work schedule. He is off Sunday and Tuesday. Our daughter currently is with him Sat 6pm until Monday noon, and again from Monday 6 pm until Wednesday 9 am. I have our child the remainder of the time. We also have and arrangement to allow for equal holiday and long weekend times.

Now that our daughter is going to be going to full day kindergarden starting september we are to re do the parenting schedule as per our consent order. We have agreed to alternating weekends and keep the the week the status quo with the argument for time on the Monday. Picking our daughter up for a period of 3 hours on monday would perhaps be harder of her so I have agreed to our daughter being on Dads time for the Mondays when school is in session. Knowing his mother will be taking the child to and from school on his days as he works too early and late to do this.

I am wanting our daughter on my time for when school is not in session thus giving mom contact hours with our child for these times as he will be at work. His argument is his "wife to be" does not work...(does not drive either) and the two of them believe that our child is best in her care on these times and not moms. I am so frusterated with a step parent trying to take time a way from mom when mom is available to parent....and wanting to parent. The wife to be beleives she is an equal parent to me and has been in on the counselling sessions that we have had to try and resolve this matter. Dad is encouraging this and also beleives the soon to be step mom is equal to me.

I am a mom who is a present parent and have a work schedule that allows maximum contact hours with our child. I am frusterated as to why I should give up contact time with our child and hand it over to a parent who will be giving his time to the step parent and others to provide for care. I am happy to agree to the step parent having our child every second weekend and in the evenings of Dads time, but not on the mondays. Am I out to lunch here ??? Help!!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

CourtClerk

I have no idea how you missed this...

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? BC Canada

How much more clear is ONLY U.S. LAW. Yet, you kept typing after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">