• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private child support services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simoe123

I am thinking about hiring a private child support service to collect back child support for my child. One company automatically takes 34% of what is collected from the obligor. If a private company happens to use the same resources as the state agency and collects back support faster, can the state be held responsible for the for the 34% fee? I live in the state of Ohio and the child support system here seems to benefit the deadbeat parents not the children.

L

LadyBlu

simoe123 said:
I am thinking about hiring a private child support service to collect back child support for my child. One company automatically takes 34% of what is collected from the obligor. If a private company happens to use the same resources as the state agency and collects back support faster, can the state be held responsible for the for the 34% fee? I live in the state of Ohio and the child support system here seems to benefit the deadbeat parents not the children.

No the state cannot be held responsible for that 34%. Also if the State is having trouble collecting the money how is the Private agency going to do so? The State Agency can garnish Income Tax Refunds whereas in most states the Private Agencies do not have that ability as they are not a part of the State or Federal System.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">