• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdogzena1

Not just "a post". This point was brought up numerious times and yet you never mentioned that IMPORTANT information. :rolleyes:
Well, I am not an attorney and I have no experience with this stuff. I was just trying to get some advice and I may have made some mistakes but I don't see why some people have to make me feel like an idiot!!! What's done is done and I have to go forward from here.

Just Blue

Well, I am not an attorney and I have no experience with this stuff. I was just trying to get some advice and I may have made some mistakes but I don't see why some people have to make me feel like an idiot!!! What's done is done and I have to go forward from here.
If you "feel like an idiot" you should seek help for that.

You did not give important information and, IMO, it seems like you are making it up as you go along. :)

Isis1

SHE AGREED to the child attending private school. To change that, she needs to go back to court. She also agreed to paying half the cost. Guess what? She can be found in contempt if she listens to you. She is the one being a brat. She is the one acting irresponsible. She is the one who won't grow up and take responsibility for her actions. Did you miss where she agreed to have the child enrolled last year and the child is JUST CONTINUING THIS YEAR? That changes things. Dad did NOT unilaterally start the child in private school. The child was CONTINUING in private school and mom wanted that to change.
OG, please explain how ANY parent can be found in contempt for something that was never ordered?

cdogzena1

OG, please explain how ANY parent can be found in contempt for something that was never ordered?
I am sorry if I did not get all the facts out there at once. But schooling should have been discussed again this year because the private school he went to only had kindergarten last year. They only added 1st grade this year which starts September 2nd.

Eekamouse

I am sorry if I did not get all the facts out there at once. But schooling should have been discussed again this year because the private school he went to only had kindergarten last year. They only added 1st grade this year which starts September 2nd.
And why have you taken so long to raise a fuss over your child attending? Were plans made to enroll him in public school but then this first grade private school option came up? How is it that the private school just decided to add 1st grade at the last minute? Surely there was some notice that they were adding the 1st grade?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The parents have JOINT LEGAL CUSTODY. She agreed to the child attending private school. She agreed to paying half. In order to change the child's schooling and payments for private school, she needs to go to court. If she changes the child to public school -- or if she just refuses to pay it unilaterally -- she can be found in contempt of the joint legal custody. That is where I am saying that she has issues for being found in contempt. This is a CONTINUATION -- to change from the continuation she needed to go back to court.

Oh and did she sign the contract with the private school? Did she enter into a contract with them?

cdogzena1

And why have you taken so long to raise a fuss over your child attending? Were plans made to enroll him in public school but then this first grade private school option came up? How is it that the private school just decided to add 1st grade at the last minute? Surely there was some notice that they were adding the 1st grade?[/QUOTE

Before kindergarten ended last year, they were THINKING about adding first grade. I met with my ex and told him I could not afford it. Then I heard from my child that he was going to that private school again. I assumed that his father was paying for it. Then he tells me around 8/15 that he expects me to pay half.

cdogzena1

The parents have JOINT LEGAL CUSTODY. She agreed to the child attending private school. She agreed to paying half. In order to change the child's schooling and payments for private school, she needs to go to court. If she changes the child to public school -- or if she just refuses to pay it unilaterally -- she can be found in contempt of the joint legal custody. That is where I am saying that she has issues for being found in contempt. This is a CONTINUATION -- to change from the continuation she needed to go back to court.

Oh and did she sign the contract with the private school? Did she enter into a contract with them?
There was only a contract for kindergarten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">