• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Bono Child Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhallana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
My Daughter needs a Pro Bono Lawyer to Help with her child custody lawyer. But this can not be any lawyer, it has to be the best lawyer Annapolis has ever seen.

My Grandson, cires and begs not to be sent back to his fathers, for three years now we have endured this every weekend he visits. He told s one "he hits me" but his father is charismatic and wins social workers and legal teams over easily. His father starts every conversation with how much we, the family hate him, because he is black. And everyone seems to buy his story. He attempted when she was pregnant to get a judge to award his full custody because she ran away with the baby. She was pregnant. During my grandson's first year of life, the father did everything he could think of to scare my daughter, because both he and his lawyer knew that is she ran He would get full custody, even though he is abusive. She ran, he promised to kill the baby 6 weeks in a row, and even though we testified to hearing him make the threats, the accusation of prejudice seemed to carry more weight. the court was convinced that we made that up because we hate black people. He even convinced the court that I personally got him arrested, making accusations and not providing any proof and the court bought it.

Over turning this case in Maryland would e a victory of monumental proportion. This man convinced the police to break into my house, without a warrant, and search for her. I have a letter from the Chief of Police Anne Arundel saying he knew they did this.

Please help my grandson, he is 5 and not in school because his father is illiterate, and therefore he has kept his son illiterate. We teach him as much as we can, but this child deserves a better life.

there has to be ONE lawyer in Annapolis who has the guts to fight for him.

ecmst12

This site does not provide referrals, and reputable attorneys do not find clients on message boards. Your daughter can go to legal aid. But short of proven abuse, no court is going to remove visitation rights entirely from the father.

mhallana

Please re-read teh post

we did prove abuse by the way, not looking for a referral either, just talking out loud as to what is needed

mhallana

She will not do it

She has given up, she is defeated. the system finished off the abuse he started. He used to hold her hostage, not feeding her, waking her up in teh middle of the night with loud music and lights, beat her mercilessly, torture her really. An not one person in Maryland even cared, in fact, the court evaluator was so taken in by this man, she testified none of it happened.

My daughter has been taught in Maryland, women are worhtless

Proserpina

She has given up, she is defeated. the system finished off the abuse he started. He used to hold her hostage, not feeding her, waking her up in teh middle of the night with loud music and lights, beat her mercilessly, torture her really. An not one person in Maryland even cared, in fact, the court evaluator was so taken in by this man, she testified none of it happened.

Your daughter needs serious counseling.

Just Blue

Bull. If this had happened and your daughter had reported it, than he would have been charged. She did nothing. So she can't expect the court system to believe her now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

And where were you?

mhallana

time line

she did report it, the police extracted her form the house eventually. We live 3 hours away, we did everything we could for her, including spent over 100 k on her legal fees. Those charges were rought in another state, and therefore AA county has the legal right to ignore them, once the Court evaluator was won over, that is EXACTLY what happened, all charges formthe other state were deemed not admissible, as was the testimony of the ICE agent who had been following this guy for 3 years. His deportation is inadmissible, his past legal issues, inadmissible, NONE of them happened if in MD.

did we do everything right, probably not, but we never expected this kind of insanity in our lives, I was never prepared fo rth truth to be so easliy dismissed in a court of law.

Look this guy called my work phone every 5 min for three years, whenever he was not calling her phone, I managed to get charges brought for harassment, and on the day of the trial, the State's Attorney pulle dthe case, reason: He had convinced the States Attorney I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHY SHE RAN AWAY. this is a ****ing nightmare, and your comments prove to me that it will always be a nightmare. that my poor grandson is doomed.

She gets counseling, however, te court has given this man everything he has asked for, BAR nothing. And even though her ex attempted to run over me with his car, and the police were there to witness and testify to his attempts to harm both my daughter and I. the AA court focused on the fact that the charges were brought ip in PG county, and not in front of the Judge hearing hte case. the attempts and charges were brought in PG count, as instructed by the officers. they appear frightened of him and his father legal teams.

this is a complicated, dark case, and the lawyers in Annapolis will tell you over and over, Family Law in this court is a mess. That is why I posted. to see if this country is ALL in this same kind of place. I guess we are,

LdiJ

she did report it, the police extracted her form the house eventually. We live 3 hours away, we did everything we could for her, including spent over 100 k on her legal fees. Those charges were rought in another state, and therefore AA county has the legal right to ignore them, once the Court evaluator was won over, that is EXACTLY what happened, all charges formthe other state were deemed not admissible, as was the testimony of the ICE agent who had been following this guy for 3 years. His deportation is inadmissible, his past legal issues, inadmissible, NONE of them happened if in MD.

did we do everything right, probably not, but we never expected this kind of insanity in our lives, I was never prepared fo rth truth to be so easliy dismissed in a court of law.

Look this guy called my work phone every 5 min for three years, whenever he was not calling her phone, I managed to get charges brought for harassment, and on the day of the trial, the State's Attorney pulle dthe case, reason: He had convinced the States Attorney I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHY SHE RAN AWAY. this is a ****ing nightmare, and your comments prove to me that it will always be a nightmare. that my poor grandson is doomed.

She gets counseling, however, te court has given this man everything he has asked for, BAR nothing. And even though her ex attempted to run over me with his car, and the police were there to witness and testify to his attempts to harm both my daughter and I. the AA court focused on the fact that the charges were brought ip in PG county, and not in front of the Judge hearing hte case. the attempts and charges were brought in PG count, as instructed by the officers. they appear frightened of him and his father legal teams.

this is a complicated, dark case, and the lawyers in Annapolis will tell you over and over, Family Law in this court is a mess. That is why I posted. to see if this country is ALL in this same kind of place. I guess we are,
Please clarify the portion about his "deportation". Give us the background on that.

mhallana

ICE Agent

I received a call one evening form a man who identified himself as and Agent for ICE (immigration customs enforcement) there are 10 million or 5 million illegal aliens in the US and this guy, my ex son in law has a ICE agent?

No matter what that ICE man told me, he was also in admissible to the MD court. Deemed irrelevant tot he case. After the trial, we received a copy of the full documentation and all evidence. Included was the ex son in law's immigration file. It was in admissible, and it was frightening.

He was in deportation status for over 3 years, apparently until you raise the money to go home they just monitor your movements.

Every lie that man told in court, was bore out in this file, false names, false addresses, prior legal issues, all there. All Ignored.

There is NO hope is there, just more and more questions,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">