• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Bio Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? GA

Hi, I'm the wife of the father of one child. I love my husband and will DO ANYTHING for him. I will stand by him 100% no matter what. Well, the mom has a problem with me being present at every pick up and drop off of my step son. She also has a problem with me listening to their conversations over the phone reguarding my step son. I do this because I think she wants my husband back (they were never married). My husband knew she was pregnant but left her because he wasn't sure it was his.

As a result she tells my husband that she will not communicate with him if I'm around in their face or listening on the phone, can she do this? She said all communication will be nil if this continues. She do not like it when my husband immediately hand my step son to me to take care of when she drops him off for visitation. I will admit, I feed, change, rock to sleep and nurture my step son. Bio mom said this is dad's visitation not mine, but I disagree because he's my child also because I'm married to my husband. Can we take her to court to seek custody because we are married and she is not? She's a single mother that's no stability for a child.

Last edited:

Silverplum

NO ONE will answer you until you REMOVE THE OFFENSIVE TERMS from your post. :mad:

Review the RULES FOR NEW POSTERS at the top of the thread. Is it that hard? :rolleyes:

Problems with bio-mom

Hi, I'm the wife of the father of one child. I love my husband and will DO ANYTHING for him. I will stand by him 100% no matter what. Well, the Bio mom has a problem with me being present at every pick and drop off of my step son. She also has a problem with me listening to their conversations over the phone reguarding their my step. I do this because I think she wants my husband back (they were never married). My husband new she was pregant but left her because he wasn't sure it was his.

As a result she tells my husband that she will not communicate with him if I'm around in their face or listening on the phone, can she do this? She said all communication will be nil if this continues. She do not like it when my husband immediately hand my step son to me to take care of when she drops him off for visitation. I will admit, I feed, change, rock to sleep and nurture my step son. Bio mom said this is dad's visitation not mine, but I disagree because he's my child also because I'm married to my husband. Can we take her to court to seek custody because we are married and she is not? She's a single mother that's no stability for a child.

lwpat

The first thing to do is to establish paternity. Your husband and the child need to have a DNA test. Then you need to go to court to establish custody and child support. Unless you do this right it will only get much worse.

Silverplum

The first thing to do is to establish paternity. Your husband and the child need to have a DNA test. Then you need to go to court to establish custody and child support. Unless you do this right it will only get much worse.
Hate to disagree w/you, lwpat, but you've got a couple of errors in there. Further, we don't answer posts like this without editing.

CJane

Does anyone remember that episode of Cheers when Woody wrote the song for his girlfriend? It went something like this...

Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly

as nauseum.

Remember?

TinkerBelleLuvr

but I disagree because he's my child also because I'm married to my husband.
This child has ONE mother and ONE father. Guess what? You are NEITHER of those. You are a legal stranger to this child. You may love the child and take good care of the child when DAD has the child, but, you are NOT anything legally.

I'm sorry I know I'm not the mother but I'm a part of my husband , dosent that count for something? I just want to support my husband

TinkerBelleLuvr

I'm sorry I know I'm not the mother but I'm a part of my husband , dosent that count for something? I just want to support my husband
I would suspect that the biggest problem between mom and dad is YOU. From what little you have said, you are majorly stepping all over mom's toes. It will continue to go badly as long as you continue to stick your nose (and any other parts of your anatomy) where it doesn't belong. You have NO business listening in on conversations.

You have NO legal rights to this child. The sooner you grasp that concept the better it will be.

mommyof4

This child has ONE mother and ONE father. Guess what? You are NEITHER of those. You are a legal stranger to this child. You may love the child and take good care of the child when DAD has the child, but, you are NOT anything legally.
Nope, right now the child only has one mother. No father, no step whomever, nada.

Paternity hasn't been established.;)

Silverplum

I wonder why any *bio* moms are even entertaining this poster who REFUSES to edit her posting?
Or any *bio* dads?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bloopy

Hi, I'm the wife of the father of one child. I love my husband and will DO ANYTHING for him. I will stand by him 100% no matter what. Well, the mom has a problem with me being present at every pick up and drop off of my step son. She also has a problem with me listening to their conversations over the phone reguarding my step son. I do this because I think she wants my husband back (they were never married). My husband knew she was pregnant but left her because he wasn't sure it was his.

Either it’s Mom pretending she is on the other side of the fence or…

as nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">