• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaliltwins

Proof of custody

I am the father of 15 year old twins. I filed for custody of the twins in 2006. I was granted custody. The twins went back to their mom's house in 2008. They have been living with their mother for 8 years. I had to take the boys from her because of her mental health. I no longer have the custody papers for proof of custody. How do I or what should I do to prove I have full custody.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am the father of 15 year old twins. I filed for custody of the twins in 2006. I was granted custody. The twins went back to their mom's house in 2008. They have been living with their mother for 8 years. I had to take the boys from her because of her mental health. I no longer have the custody papers for proof of custody. How do I or what should I do to prove I have full custody.
What US state?

I would expect mom to sue for custody based on her having the children for the last 8 years.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You could have gone to the county courthouse in PA and requested a copy of the papers. Why have you done NOTHING in 8 years? Why do you think you should STILL have full custody? When is the last time you have seen the children?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And you've done nothing for eight years, because... ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">