• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proving an unfit mother in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motomom58

How do you prove a mother is unfit in the state of texas?

My fiance got a phone call from this woman stating she was pregnant with his child. the last time he spoke to her she was about 4 months pregnant and told him not to worry she was 100% sure it was her ex's. the same day he got the phone call she had the baby. during her pregnancy she used meth and drank. my fiance got a dna test and found out the baby is his, and since then has tried to be there in her life except the mother will only allow this in her own terms. he can only see his daughter if he goes to her house and sits there with her which in my eyes is not the right way to do things. the 1 day that we did have his daughter he picked her up ad later found out that they followed him to find out where he was going. in my eyes this women is unfit. she has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship she does not have a job, lives off of welfare and child support for her other daughter. she lives in a 1 bedroom apartment for now 3 people and her mother was addicted to crack and dieing of cancer which the baby is around all the time. in texas i know its really hard to prove a mother is unfit and the father to have custody, but in my eyes she is unfit and it is safer for the baby to be in a healthier environment. so would she be considered unfit in court?

Silverplum

Golly, it's true that nothing ever changes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How do you prove a mother is unfit in the state of texas?

My fiance got a phone call from this woman stating she was pregnant with his child. the last time he spoke to her she was about 4 months pregnant and told him not to worry she was 100% sure it was her ex's. the same day he got the phone call she had the baby. during her pregnancy she used meth and drank. my fiance got a dna test and found out the baby is his, and since then has tried to be there in her life except the mother will only allow this in her own terms. he can only see his daughter if he goes to her house and sits there with her which in my eyes is not the right way to do things. the 1 day that we did have his daughter he picked her up ad later found out that they followed him to find out where he was going. in my eyes this women is unfit. she has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship she does not have a job, lives off of welfare and child support for her other daughter. she lives in a 1 bedroom apartment for now 3 people and her mother was addicted to crack and dieing of cancer which the baby is around all the time. in texas i know its really hard to prove a mother is unfit and the father to have custody, but in my eyes she is unfit and it is safer for the baby to be in a healthier environment. so would she be considered unfit in court?

Isis1

Golly, it's true that nothing ever changes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
SP!!! :D

i've got time to watch the trainwreck...this ought to be fun.

OP, tell dad to come here with his own questions. go have your own baby so you can raise that child as YOU see fit.

2Mistakes

LMAO....

HI FRIEND!!!!!! (where's the waving emoticon when we need one???)

Hijacking this thread seems like a good idea. I think I spot a train wreck.
I think I spot a trainwreck as well. Not as bad as the one last night, but a trainwreck nevertheless.

Are you recovered from your surgery? If it's not to personal, what did you have to have done.

If it is too personal, just tell me to mind my own business. :D

CourtClerk

I think I spot a trainwreck as well. Not as bad as the one last night, but a trainwreck nevertheless.
Hey, but the one last night was FUN! I was almost sad to see that one go.
Are you recovered from your surgery? If it's not to personal, what did you have to have done.
I'm recovering. Doing well. At this point, I'm just at home enjoying the time off. As my ex just pointed out, you must be fine, you just spent $1000 on purses... (see what boredom will do????)
If it is too personal, just tell me to mind my own business. :D
Nothing too serious. A little issue in the abdomen.

proud_parent

Pretty easy to spot -- it's the same wreck, over and over and over. :eek: :rolleyes:
Seriously, it's as if these posters all work from the same stock template.
Fill in the state, change a detail here or there, submit, and sit back to watch the wreckage ensue.

FA Mad Libs, that's what it is...

motomom58

SP!!! :D

i've got time to watch the trainwreck...this ought to be fun.

OP, tell dad to come here with his own questions. go have your own baby so you can raise that child as YOU see fit.
oh im sorry you must be just like the babies mother for you to get so upset. first of all my fiance is not allowed alone with his daughter cause he doesnt even know how to change a diper nor feed her this is his first experience with it. so for the babies sake its best that its that way. so thanks for showing everyone else your issues isabella

Silverplum

oh im sorry you must be just like the babies mother for you to get so upset. first of all my fiance is not allowed alone with his daughter cause he doesnt even know how to change a diper nor feed her this is his first experience with it. so for the babies sake its best that its that way. so thanks for showing everyone else your issues isabella
:p

Same old, same old.

Isis1

oh how fun...my 11 year old knows how to change diapers....how does a grown man not have the ability to do this? or at least learn? if he can't change a diaper of HIS own child, he would have no grounds to change custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">