• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psychological Evaluation Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CBK

What is the name of your state? FL.

I would just like to know if the courts can be asked to appoint a psychologist that previously completed a parenting evaluation. Six years ago when we were going through a custody battle, my ex ordered one for us both and the psych's thought he was a fruit loop (ha!)

Now, my kids are constantly mistreated and abused (long story). This includes sexual abuse, neglect, and emotional abuse. The children are scared to death of him and his parents. Also, his nephew, which lives with the grandparents "mess" with them.

The children feel as if they have no voice. Either way, they lose. If they tell on the child, they are called liars and if they are coerced into admitting something they did not do, then they get in trouble for that.

The ex and his family claim everything is happening while in my care.

I need help with this one. I have taken them to a child psychologist in the past because I wanted to know if all this was true and it was. My lawyer said I could not use her testimony because she was not court appointed.

Also, he said that I would be totally responsible for the evaluations that were court appointed. I feel like this is completely unfair because the dad hasen't paid child support in over 6 months and the crap is happening down there.

Please give me some ideas and if the dad will be allowed in the room with the children while they talk with the psych. I think they would be too scared to tell the truth if he was.

Thank you.What is the name of your state?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CBK said:
Now, my kids are constantly mistreated and abused (long story). This includes sexual abuse, neglect, and emotional abuse. The children are scared to death of him and his parents. Also, his nephew, which lives with the grandparents "mess" with them.
Has CPS been called?

CBK

CPS has been called so many times that they now ignore everything. We live in 2 seperate states, which makes it very hard. However, the child psych called and faxed in a report of her findings, the school counselor called and they have a copy of the PI report, which states he left them alone for over 30 minutes (They were 6 and 4). The CPs reporter even admitted that the kids told her the child has messed with them and they feel they are never believed. The oldest child's first grade teacher has confided in me on several occassions @ him telling her how mean the dad and grandparents were to him. She stands ready to testify/send an affadavit to court.

I have to go through the courts, cause CPS is more worried @ distributing welfare checks than they are my children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">